Resolutionproblem more than 320x240

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
MarcoN

Resolutionproblem more than 320x240

Post by MarcoN »

if i chose a resolution higher than 320x240 i coudn't see the live picture of my camera and there is no recording. pls help. thx.
jgomez

Same Problem

Post by jgomez »

I have the exact same problem I am using an Axis camera and it works fine at 320 but if I make it bigger I don't get an image
bb99

Post by bb99 »

What is the native resolution of the Axis camera that you are using (or which model of camera)? Which version of zoneminder and Linux? Axis cameras (some) are well discussed in these forums and generally reported to work under ZM. I can report that using Ross' 1.21.3 live cd set to motion detection with two DCS-900 cameras, on an Athlon 850 that 320 x 240 worked ok, but when increasing the resolution, the system load increased to the point where stability became an issue let a lone the intermittent video; so system load is also a potential issue. Many more details are needed to help.
innotech

Post by innotech »

Same problem here. I have a fresh Ubuntu 7.1 install running ZM 1.23.3
I am using Axis 206 and they are currently working fine on another Ubuntu 7.1 system with ZM 1.23.2. I am replacing the old server with a new one so I have both systems up and running. Like previously stated anytime I up the resolution past 320 I do not get any video. I am pretty sure that all the settings are the same between the old server and the new one. ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

id check your logs.
Id bet when it fails you will get 'cannot shmget'

if so see the faq.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk