Show timeline bug?

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
sceadu

Show timeline bug?

Post by sceadu »

Sorry if this has been postead earlier. I tried to search but didnt find anything.
If i select the total events for Hour, Day, Week, Month and select Show Timeline everything works perfect. But if i show total events for Events, and select Show Timeline, i get the following in the top of the window that is opened: "Notice: Undefined variable: filter_query in /var/www/zm/zm_html_view_timeline.php on line 1207"

I see the timeline, but nothing is shown when i move the mouse pointer over a event. And nothing happends when i klick on a event.

Is there something i can do to make this work? Maybe i have configured something wrong.
robi

Post by robi »

I can't reproduce this. Here all is OK.
v1.25.0 + Ubuntu Linux 12.04 Server
sceadu

Post by sceadu »

Strange. Wonder what i have done wrong?
agoodm

Post by agoodm »

The notice part sounds OK to me... Just sounds like PHP is set to spit out the notices it generates to your web browser.
sceadu

Post by sceadu »

How can that notice be OK if the timeline view dont work? I dont see any pictures when i move the mouse over the events in the timeline.
Timelines for Hour, Day, Week, Month works fine.

Not that it is a big problem since it works for the others, but would be fun to get everything working.
caladeira

Re: Show timeline bug?

Post by caladeira »

sceadu wrote:Sorry if this has been postead earlier. I tried to search but didnt find anything.
If i select the total events for Hour, Day, Week, Month and select Show Timeline everything works perfect. But if i show total events for Events, and select Show Timeline, i get the following in the top of the window that is opened: "Notice: Undefined variable: filter_query in /var/www/zm/zm_html_view_timeline.php on line 1207"

I see the timeline, but nothing is shown when i move the mouse pointer over a event. And nothing happends when i klick on a event.

Is there something i can do to make this work? Maybe i have configured something wrong.
Hi there.

I'm running ZM 1.23.2 under Ubuntu Server 7.10 and I having the same problem.

If I show the total events for Events and then go to timeline I get the following error:

Notice: Undefined variable: filter_query in /var/www/html/zm/zm_html_view_timeline.php on line 1200

In the beginning I was thinking that the problem was related with javascript error, since the close link doesn´t work: javascript:closeWindow().
However I opened the javascript console and get nothing strange.

It's not related with the number of events because I have a second test system with a few events where this bug occurs exactly the same way.

The only difference I see is in the number of the parameters in the URL.
When you click on the "Show Timeline" link for hours/days/weeks/months you get something like:

javascript: timelineWindow( '/zm/index.php?view=timeline&filter[terms][0][attr]=Archived&filter[terms][0][op]=%3D&filter[terms][0][val]=0&filter[terms][1][cnj]=and&filter[terms][1][attr]=DateTime&filter[terms][1][op]=%3E%3D&filter[terms][1][val]=-1%2Bhour', 'zmTimeline' );

If you click on the same link for all events you get something like:

javascript: timelineWindow( '/zm/index.php?view=timeline', 'zmTimeline' );

Clearly all those parameters started by "filter[terms][0]" aren't there.

Could be this, but I don't know enough the code details.

Best regards.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

If you don't click on a filtered total then there is no filter to apply so that isn't a problem. The undefined filter_query is the same, though most systems don't show notice errors but I agree it should be removed. I don't see anything in there that would cause a problem though.
Phil
caladeira

Post by caladeira »

Actually, is not a big problem because I rarely use it.
I use Hour and Day mostly.

Anyway, in MY case, if I click on Events and go to timeline, I see three problems:

- The error described message
- The close link doesn't work
- If you drag the mouse pointer in the timeline, no image is shown as should be expected.

Beyond this everything is up and running.

Continue the good job.
naelr

Post by naelr »

caladeira wrote: I'm running ZM 1.23.2 under Ubuntu Server 7.10 and I having the same problem.

If I show the total events for Events and then go to timeline I get the following error:

Notice: Undefined variable: filter_query in /var/www/html/zm/zm_html_view_timeline.php on line 1200
I was going to post the exact same error here.

Ubuntu server 7.10
zoneminder 1.23.2 complied from source.

I love the total view with 4 cameras and 4 different colors I can quickly see if anything interesting around my house has happened. I would love to know if there is a fix for this.
zoneminder wrote:If you don't click on a filtered total then there is no filter to apply so that isn't a problem. The undefined filter_query is the same, though most systems don't show notice errors but I agree it should be removed. I don't see anything in there that would cause a problem though.
Does this mean there might be a setting I can turn on/off and make this go away? Can I remove line 1200 from the zm_html_view_timeline.php file? The total events windows is totally unresponsive but individual events for individual cameras works fine.

Thanks loving zoneminder

Naelr
rcflyr

Post by rcflyr »

I edited zm_html_view_timeline.php and added

$filter_query = ""; // define $filter_query for the rest of this script

directly after the first line that reads <?php
Esky

Post by Esky »

it has something to do with the settings.

this morning everything was working fine, after fiddling with setting for a while I got the same error.

Unfortunately I can't recall what settings.
river100

Post by river100 »

i have the same problem >> i see this in timeline view when selecting "events for all cams" ( i have 2 on this machine )

Notice: Undefined variable: filter_query in /usr/share/zoneminder/zm_html_view_timeline.php on line 1200
List No Event

the time window shows, but nothing works in it, including the close link

it only gives that error if i click on "all events for all cams".
i i click on events for one cam, or for hour, day, or month, then timeline does work as 1.22.8 did

my DVR controls dont work but hey.... i never had them before.
yes mootools is in there.

this is>> ubuntu 7.10 started with zm for repos, then upgraded. to 1.23.3-1-i386,,, that caused too many probs. so removed deb pakage with symatic. re-installed 1.23 deb file 1.23.3-1-i386.
river100

Post by river100 »

oh one more thing i will mention..

with 1.22.8 i could click on a cam in montage view and the monitor would pop up

dont work now in firefox, ie gets a cambozilla notice but nodda in firefox
Diviner

Solution for Notice message on event list

Post by Diviner »

In php.ini you need to turn display_error off and instead turn log_errors on. My php.ini file looks like this:

Code: Select all

display_errors = Off
log_errors = On
log_errors_max_len = 1024
ignore_repeated_errors = Off
That should fix it
tszodie

your foo is strong please help

Post by tszodie »

rcflyr wrote:I edited zm_html_view_timeline.php and added

$filter_query = ""; // define $filter_query for the rest of this script

directly after the first line that reads <?php
hiya guys just doin another install of ZM on ubuntu 8.04 w/ card77 (eew) what a pain i really need to add my settings to the wiki lol

ok so I've got the same issue here played with it a bit but my coding sux .
I tried to add the string but i think in the wrong spot since after i added it the error changed
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or '; blah blah in timeline on line 34 i was able to fix that which of course lead back to the line 1200 error

so rcflyer if yer around can you elaborate a little on where you inserted your string :roll:

if i can get a proper cut and paste for this I will get it up on hints pages

EDIT: dang didn't know http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=235568 seems that there is a patch
--- web/zm_html_view_timeline.php.old 2008-02-25 10:49:53.000000000 +0100
+++ web/zm_html_view_timeline.php 2008-08-23 22:11:15.999830110 +0200
@@ -62,6 +62,10 @@
// Turn error reporting on full temporarily.
error_reporting( E_ALL );

+if ( !isset($filter_query) )
+ $filter_query = "";
+
+
$mouseover = true;
if ( !isset($mouseover) )
$mouseover = true;