broken cycle view and no stills

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
linuxsense

broken cycle view and no stills

Post by linuxsense »

I installed 1.23.0-RC1 last night and have everything working pretty well, but I have a few issues.

Initially the 'cycle' view was broken. It seems that zm_html_view_cycle.php was picking up a bad value for '$scale' so I just hardcoded it to '100' as a workaround, works OK now.

The other issue I have is the stills view is broken. I am looking into it now. I do not see anything being logged by apache or by zoneminder that points to an issue...I just get a broken image (shows zero bytes) in the browser. I probably dont have a high enough debug level at the moment to catch anything. If anyone has solved this issue, please let me know ;-)
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Thanks for this. I couldn't get the cycle view to have your problem with scale here, so if you have any more info on that it would be useful.

I have found and fixed the problem with single images (I assume you meant from the cycle view also) though and it will be in RC2 up later today (hopefully).
Phil
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

zoneminder wrote:Thanks for this. I couldn't get the cycle view to have your problem with scale here, so if you have any more info on that it would be useful.

I have found and fixed the problem with single images (I assume you meant from the cycle view also) though and it will be in RC2 up later today (hopefully).
I don't have any additional info as I went back to 1.22.3 to test something out but when RC2 is released I will build it and see if I have the same issues.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

I installed RC2, no issues with the build or db upgrade, went smooth..however..I still have a broken 'cycle' view when using streaming. The stills view in cycle mode seems to work OK. It looks like scale is still being set to '0' when in stream view:

http://arcas/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg& ... 1194816139

I'll hold off on hardcoding that value as a workaround in case you want me to try something else out. Just lemme know...
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

Another minor issue, but probably not really a bug:

When in hashed auth mode I was not able to view any events, just got a broken image in the view (stream or still). I turned off auth, restarted ZM, and the issue went away. I then turned hashed auth back on and restarted ZM and it now it works fine. It seems that switching auth off for a bit cleared up the problem. At the moment I have hashed auth on and the only issue I have is the broken cycle view as listed above, but I have that issue with or without auth.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

linuxsense wrote:I installed RC2, no issues with the build or db upgrade, went smooth..however..I still have a broken 'cycle' view when using streaming. The stills view in cycle mode seems to work OK. It looks like scale is still being set to '0' when in stream view:

http://arcas/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg& ... 1194816139

I'll hold off on hardcoding that value as a workaround in case you want me to try something else out. Just lemme know...
Can you tell me what you do, or click on, to get to where you see the problem? Do you just click on 'Cycle'? What do you have for the default scale for your current bandwidth setting?
Phil
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

zoneminder wrote: Can you tell me what you do, or click on, to get to where you see the problem? Do you just click on 'Cycle'? What do you have for the default scale for your current bandwidth setting?
I just click 'cycle' from the console. The default scale is set to '100' for high, low, an medium bandwidth settings...I get the same issue with any bandwidth preset.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

I installed RC3 earlier tonight and I still have a broken 'cycle' view with a fresh install. The stills show up OK but 'scale' is set to 0 in the streaming cycle view. It looks like this line fails to set a valid scale:

Code: Select all

$scale = (int)(($width_scale<$height_scale)?$width_scale:$height_scale);
I just replaced it with

Code: Select all

$scale = 100;
and it works OK.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

This is odd as I cannot find the problem still. Can you tell me what Options->Web->ZM_WEB_MONTAGE_WIDTH/HEIGHT is set to on your system?
Phil
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

Both of those values were set to the default of '0'. If I change them to something like 320/240 the streaming cycle view is OK.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

In that case the default is wrong as it should not be 0
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

Looks like the 'pop up' help will need to be changed than as it states zero is the default value. What are the correct default values?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Good question. I will need to check :oops:
Phil