FPS Counters (Wyze Cam v2 RTSP)

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
ElectroStrong

FPS Counters (Wyze Cam v2 RTSP)

Post by ElectroStrong »

Is there any documentation on the fps counters in the bottom of the monitor web console (i.e. http://host/zm/index.php?view=watch&mid=5)?

I see three values. One I believe is the fps of the viewer, the other I think is capture fps, and the last I think is the analysis fps...is this right?

I have an issue with Wyze Cam v2 stock RTSP in which the last two are fine (they match the camera specs) but the first one is horrible (i.e. 0-2 fps) and its obvious that the viewer image is stuttering. I have tried all sorts of buffer changes but nothing seems to help. When playing back events, they are perfect.

And to put the cherry on top - Wyze Cam v3 stock RTSP does not cause the issue. Also Dafang Hacks cams are perfect.

This only us happening on my v2's and its on all of them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd like the monitor fps to not be so choppy when using zmninja or even the web interface ;)
iconnor

Re: FPS Counters (Wyze Cam v2 RTSP)

Post by iconnor »

If you mouse over them they popup a description.

The first is viewing fps. It has nothing to do with how fast the camera is sending or how fast ZM is able to capture or analyse video. It is simply how fast it can send you an mjpeg stream of the live view.

If it is a high res stream, then it takes time to make a jpeg out of the decoded image data. Time to send it across the wire. etc..
ElectroStrong

Re: FPS Counters (Wyze Cam v2 RTSP)

Post by ElectroStrong »

Thanks iconner - I'm just getting back to this as I didn't have time to dig in deeper.

If I'm understanding you correctly - the viewing FPS is an internal operation of Zoneminder to convert the stream data into jpeg that is then displayed in the page? I'm sure there are different setups, but I have a 1080p camera that is streaming (H264) and the Capture FPS are at the expected level, but the Analysis FPS are 1-2 fps and no matter what setting I change from a buffer perspective, it does not help.

This basically makes the viewing of the camera fairly bad - looking at the past history shows a smooth video.

This is only happening on Wyze Cam V2 RTSP cameras. I have Wyze Cam V2's that use custom firmware and they don't have the issue. The newer Wyze Cam V3's do not have an issue.

Are there any known issues or configuration settings that affect the viewing FPS? Color space requirements? Is there a command line option that can be run to debug more options as I'm assuming (because I'm using ffmpeg) that ffmpeg might not be decoding the stream properly?

It makes it a bit of a pain to monitor - just trying to figure out if there's anything that I can do to start isolating the issue as it is consistent for me.