Problem connecting cameras even basic usb webcam

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
Trevor-WA

Re: Problem connecting cameras even basic usb webcam

Post by Trevor-WA »

I have tried a number of things still trying....

But how do I post an image of a screen snapshot in this forums- would make it easier--thanks
Trevor-WA

Post by Trevor-WA »

is there a current iso image similar to --Lubuntu 16.04 with Zoneminder 1.30.0 pre-configured DVD or USB
the Direct download to the .iso file: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApMZyp0q7cregdQO8OI_rIIaS-GTBQ is unavailabe.
Ive installed Lubuntu but it seems without zoneminder. This would be perfect if zm was installed with it?
Trevor-WA

Post by Trevor-WA »

Success—I have a working web page with zm. I only have the inbuilt camera working but big plus for me. So ill just need to find out how to set the rest up. Starting to get the hang of changing stuff in config files and have a feeling that is where some of my problems are. Need to find out commands for looking at camera feeds etc. and what I can/need to change or try?

Thanks for help so far :D
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

There's lots of documentation on the web.
Do a search for what interests you. Some of what you will find is outdated, pay attention to dates and versions.
The default settings are fine to start.
You do need to set aside some dedicated storage space, ZM will fill up your drive, eventually.
Trevor-WA

Post by Trevor-WA »

I need help-I understand that nubees need to read and try stuff and I have. I have had zm working on a computer but when I try to replicate it on another system im stuffed.
I have just bought a new tower so everything should be good enough.

I read one comment that said something like dont invent the wheel again we have gone thru this and if you follow the instruction it will work.... Well I agree with the premise but I must be dumb.

Anyway I got to installimg a lamp stack. had to reinstall -----Oconner Master-----so that zm database showed up. Then followed all the stuff. But when i got to localhost/zm it showed a login page so I used admin admin but thats were it stopped or went back.

Obviously Ive missed/stuffed something up but can you give me an idea what to look at or alter so Ii can get an idea where i am going wrong

Thanks ..........
Also can someone tell me how to upload an image/jpg
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

There's a way, but the easiest thing is just use the RELEASE version 1.34.23.
1.35.x is a work in progress. Most times it works, but it gets broken a lot.
Assuming you stall have other machine, play with 1.35 on that...
Trevor-WA

Post by Trevor-WA »

Thanks- I have zm working so thats great-maybe the 1.34 was the trick. Im capturing but blue thumb images. Ive been here before so need to play with settings and reread how to fix that.

But still need to know how to upload image/jpg to this forum???

For info I have actually got this (zm) working(nearly) on a WSL within Windows 10
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Below the box I'm typing in for text there's options...and attachments!