Sudo Return Location

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
mckenph

Sudo Return Location

Post by mckenph »

Since my cameras do not support this function is there a way to create a script that will move to a preset after a certain time. Write now I use BlueIris and Webcore. I tell BI to go to a preset after a certain time and I have to do that to all my cameras since that is not built into BI. I am trying to move everything over to ZM and I would rather not have external tools manipulating ZM.
bbunge

Re: Sudo Return Location

Post by bbunge »

Preset what? Changing the function can be done with multiple run states controled by cron. If you mean preset direction of a PTZ cam that might be able to be done with the cam firmware. ZM is supposed to have a return location to move the cam back to after a preset time. Have never got that to work.
mckenph

Post by mckenph »

Yea some people have gotten to work and others have not. I wanted to use a cron but not sure what the magical code is for my camera. I use Webcore to tell blueiris to go to presets but I think I am switching tttto this and BI has a short life. I have tried to use the same as Foscam but no luck. I was going to start looking for a capture program to see what Zoneminder is sending
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I wanted to use a cron but not sure what the magical code is for my camera.
What is the camera type? If a clone of another type, which is it?

So you are trying to move the camera to a "home" position after it moves to look in the direction of an event from another camera that is linked and alarmed? Once we determine what the form the camera's PTZ command url's look like it should be easy to either have a very small script send the url via CURL or have a CRON job send that url.

First step is to track down the PTZ controls for your camera. Have you looked through the exisiting control scripts for an example that may be similar to your camera type? There are also some resources like this one, https://www.ispyconnect.com/sources.aspx?letter=M Look through and see if your camera make is on the list.
mckenph

Post by mckenph »

I finally received the command
http://ip/cgi-bin/hi3510/param.cgi?cmd= ... &-number=1

Now just need to know how to use it in ZM