Jennov T-Series and PTZ Config

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
mckenph

Jennov T-Series and PTZ Config

Post by mckenph »

I have tried just about everything to try to control these cameras and have had no luck. Has anyone gotten these to work. Everything else works but the controls. I have tried many different cameras and to me, these are the best. I use blue Iris on a pc but wanted to move over to my Raspberry. It uses a control called Chivision but could not find that anywhere to get the configs
MontlheryHome

Re: Jennov T-Series and PTZ Config

Post by MontlheryHome »

Hello Mckenph,

Hope i could help you.
I use the Jennov T-Serie, reference JE-P22HT55-5X-FAS-64-UK and PTZ is working fine
I share with you (Control.PNG) the main setting of Control config (make attention that the password have to be set in the Control Device cell)

You can appreciate that i use the Foscam FI8620 base setting, i share with you the other side of parameter (by editing Control Type then the Foscam FI8620)

If i remember well, i believe that the PTZ arrow control are inverted, i swapped 2 parts of the config file FI8620.pm included by /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Control folder

Don't hesitate to give your feedback about this approach

Have a nice day
Fred
Attachments
Control.PNG
Control.PNG (15.04 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
Camera2.PNG
Camera2.PNG (17.49 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
Camera1.PNG
Camera1.PNG (138.74 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
MontlheryHome

Post by MontlheryHome »

a second post for more pictures
Attachments
Control4.PNG
Control4.PNG (9.52 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
Control3.PNG
Control3.PNG (10.62 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
Control2.PNG
Control2.PNG (6.48 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
MontlheryHome

Post by MontlheryHome »

third post
Attachments
Control7.PNG
Control7.PNG (16.67 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
Control6.PNG
Control6.PNG (15.46 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
Control5.PNG
Control5.PNG (14.89 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
MontlheryHome

Post by MontlheryHome »

and te last one
Attachments
Control9.PNG
Control9.PNG (8.17 KiB) Viewed 3924 times
Control8.PNG
Control8.PNG (17.02 KiB) Viewed 3924 times
mckenph

Post by mckenph »

I have tried that and all the Pan and Tilts work but my issue is on the Presets that every time I push one I get "after sending PTZ command, camera returned the following error:'400 Bad Request'

Now I have tried many different control configs and all of them give me the same error

update - after making your changes and rebooting they kind of work. After I set the preset the only way I can get it to go there is to keep hitting it over and over again and eventually it will make it back there

Update2 - After a reboot, everything is working fine. Were you ever able to get the return location to work?

Update3 - Well the preset went back to moving just a little bit and if I hit it many times it eventually gets back to my preset
MontlheryHome

Post by MontlheryHome »

I didn't undertand your last request by the Update 2
Did you mean that i ever able to get the return location automatically ? that's right ?
mckenph

Post by mckenph »

1. First I can't get the preset to work....all the way. if I putAutoStop to .5 when I hit the preset it does not go to the preset without hitting the preset over and over again. If I change it to 10.0 it will go longer without auto stopping but I have to hit the preset multiple times depending on where it is. So that kind of works
2. I can't get return location to work at all no matter what do. Not sure if it works on this camera
MontlheryHome

Post by MontlheryHome »

I never used the return location
i check it right now and i believe that the camera don't have the "home" preset position or feature but i didn't analyze the code by FI8620.pm file
the unique solution i see is to define the return location on the first preset, it works fine for me
mckenph

Post by mckenph »

OK but what do you think about the AutoStop. Not sure why it is stopping when I hit the preset. Yea the return to preset 1 does not work for me but it may because of the autostop. So if I remove the autostop the presets work but if I move the camera, of course, it does not stop. So I am real close
mckenph

Post by mckenph »

I guess I will pull out the autostop in the script, when I get home, to see if that fixes the problem.
mckenph

Post by mckenph »

Just as an FFI to move this camera to a prest location use http://ip/cgi-bin/hi3510/param.cgi?cmd= ... &-number=1