The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
biologisch

The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported

Post by biologisch »

After update to 1.35.14 an error occours:
"The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported"
No new recorded videos are shown. :!:
ZM Versions = 1.36.33
zmeventnotification Version = "6.1.28"
Magic919

Re: The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported

Post by Magic919 »

Sounds like a browser error. What's going on in ZM?
-
biologisch

Re: The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported

Post by biologisch »

No, I dont think so - its not a browser problem. Just after update happend. Its a Software or Database problem.
Event was not found at /var/cache/zoneminder/events/1/2020-11-29/234718. It is unlikely that playback will be possible.
ZM Versions = 1.36.33
Blue.R

Post by Blue.R »

I have the same issue, it seems that there is an issue with the way ZM is creating the folders and event videos.

for example:
Event ID folder: AAAA has event video BBBB and event folder CCCC has event video DDDD.

It seems like this topic identifies the same issue:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=30207
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Yeah, Funny folder names for sure.
There's a new snapshot just out. Trying that.
clangren

Post by clangren »

Loaded the update which just came out and the problem persists for me.
Running Debian Buster also updated to current.
And if you backfill with event directories and files which ZM thinks is missing, the next round of Events created repeats the problem.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Sorry to hear that. Maybe it's still in the works for buster.
I'm on ubuntu focal, working there on new recordings.
The old ones you just have to plod around manually, if you need them.
Blue.R

Post by Blue.R »

Just updated mine (ubuntu) and it seems to have fixed the issue.
biologisch

Post by biologisch »

Yes. Its fixed now.
ZM Versions = 1.36.33
clangren

Post by clangren »

Just to close off - the issue is fixed for Debian Buster as well.

Thanks VERY much!