No image when AUTH_RELAY set to hashed

Support for the docker image maintained by dlandon
Rajstopy

No image when AUTH_RELAY set to hashed

Post by Rajstopy »

Dear all,

I've been running ZoneMinder 1.32 for a while, but now want to migrate on Docker.

I used the dlandon image and everything went more or less good, except when I set the AUTH_RELAY option to hashed. I that case, I don't get any image and the log file shows the following :

Unable to authenticate user from https:[...]

getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /run/zm/zms-014132s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit.

As suggested by some users having a similar issue, I checked the timezone parameter => ok, the AUTH_HASH_SECRET does not contain any special character,...

But still have the issue, unless I set the parameter AUTH_RELAY to none...

I've also an issue (un able to login at all) when I enable the parameter AUTH_HASH_LOGINS...

Any idea how I could fix that ? I remember it was working fine in the previous version (not dockerized).

Cheers,

Raj.
Rajstopy

Re: No image when AUTH_RELAY set to hashed

Post by Rajstopy »

Hi all,

I'm still unable to go forward on that issue, don't knowing why this option cannot be activated. Tu main issue is, I really need to be able to use zmNimja, which requires the AUTH_HASH_LOGINS to be set.

Would be great if I could get some hints...

Regards,

Raj.
Rajstopy

Post by Rajstopy »

Dear all,

Sorry to insist but this issue is just making me crazy. I've spent hours trying to figure out what is going wrong.

Has anyone succeeded with activating AUTH_RELAY on dlandon/zoneminder 1.34?

As explained all what I found went about timezone setting but everything looks good.

Good evening all,

Raj.
AliveAndWell

Post by AliveAndWell »

Same exact issue I have going on.

Tested your use case to see if it was the same and noted that it was indeed to do with the AUTH_RELAY.

I have the same results except I can login no problem. I also set my hash to not include any special characters as well.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the docker image and how the hash works. Seems like this isnt a hot topic recently to get people interested.

Thanks in Advance.
Rajstopy

Post by Rajstopy »

Hi there!

Many thanks for having taken the time to issue that test! Much appreciated. I do apologize btw for ma late answer...

In the meantime, I've noticed that by keeping AUTH_RELAY unchecked, but enabling only AUTH_HASH_LOGINS as requested by ZMNinja, then it works. Nevertheless, seems to be buggy anyway.

Regards,

Raj.

AliveAndWell wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:08 am Same exact issue I have going on.

Tested your use case to see if it was the same and noted that it was indeed to do with the AUTH_RELAY.

I have the same results except I can login no problem. I also set my hash to not include any special characters as well.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the docker image and how the hash works. Seems like this isnt a hot topic recently to get people interested.

Thanks in Advance.