Dual Lens Camera

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
mgarskey

Dual Lens Camera

Post by mgarskey »

I am wondering if any has setup a Dual Lens camera before? I am working with a Axis P3715 camera, which is a dual lens camera and I am only getting feed from camera 1.

The source of the camera is rtsp://cameraview:t000r@X.X.X.X:554/axis-media/media.amp and the method is TCP and source is type is FFmpeg.

When looking view from zoneminder itself I can only see camera 1, with no option to switch to camera 2 or get that feed as well.

I have also setup event triggering on both camera but still only get them for camera 1.

Has anyone had any success with type of camera setup before?
burger

Re: Dual Lens Camera

Post by burger »

I checked but the user manual doesn't detail the path...

You can view the feed from the cameras webpage right? Usually if you right click the feed to view in a new window it's /mjpg/video.mjpg. What if you right click and open the 2nd feed in a new tab?

Also sometimes it will announce a path when it boots via wireshark/tcpdump.

Oh, see if they use the same format they did for an old video encoder, e.g.
/mjpg/2/video.mjpg
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
mgarskey

Re: Dual Lens Camera

Post by mgarskey »

I found a solution to the problem. I created two entries for the camera, one for each view and using the FFmpeg as the source type, I just need to add ?camera=2 at the end for the second view, for example;

rtsp://cameraview:t000r@X.X.X.X:554/axis-media/media.amp?camera=2