Log filled with web_php errors

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
shortcircuit

Log filled with web_php errors

Post by shortcircuit »

I have a clean install of Debian 10.8 running a fresh install of ZoneMinder 1.34.23. It is reading the RTSP streams and I can view the streams just fine. However, every time a client views the streams, no matter if it is through the console, the montage, or the zmNinja app, the log file fills with a huge number of errors:

Code: Select all

web_php[1459].ERR-/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php/2188 [Socket /run/zm/zms-595370s.sock does not exist.  This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early.  Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly.  Make sure that ZM is actually recording.  If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information.]
I have visited the referenced link, and I don't think the issues covered there are the cause, since I can actually see the video with no problem. Checking the socket path, I find that there is a socket for each zms instance for each stream being viewed, however, the socket number is different from the one shown in the error message.

Each time a new view is opened, the same error message is logged every 10s until the viewer is shut down, the error message is always the same except the socket number will change for each new stream attempted to open.

I viewed the code line (1459) reference in the error message, but I am not familiar enough with php to effectively troubleshoot the issue.

This issue initially presented with pretty much a totally default installation, only settings I changed after install was to set authentication, set time zone, and add camera streams to monitors. I have tried changing recording modes as suggested in the error message, but the issue seems to persist. Anyone who any input on what may be causing this or how to troubleshoot it further would be great, as zoneminder appears to be an excellent open source project, and I would really like to be able to use it.