Web page display

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
kx32

Web page display

Post by kx32 »

I have a problem with the web page not displaying properly as per the attachment and the buttons aren't working properly.
Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 22.05.45.png
Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 22.05.45.png (60.26 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
kx32

Re: Web page display

Post by kx32 »

Think I have fixed the problem using the post at https://www.reddit.com/r/ZoneMinder/com ... an_buster/
I have always had problems with zoneminder as I have a web server already running for nextcloud and other websites and installing zoneminder doesn't like the configuration. Think one problem related to not having a root password in maraidb and then when it finally installed there was problem rendering the pages which the link above seems to have fixed hopefully. I did try the docker version and got it working but had to manually start the container if I rebooted the machine and the configuration files were difficult to understand.
Acewiza

Post by Acewiza »

That's what mine looks like when run on an Apache virtual server alongside an existing site(s). This was attempted as a security screen, running on port 81 (not Internet visible). The issue is un-related to the non-docker Buster install. It's clearly an Apache issue. I asked in another thread the other day, and got no response. I also noticed some posters spouting the "not a zoneminder problem" response to other issues in other threads.

Zoneminder doesn't live in a vacuum.
burger

Post by burger »

kx32 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:07 pm I have a problem with the web page not displaying properly as per the attachment and the buttons aren't working properly.Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 22.05.45.png
Post logs. How did you install?
Acewiza wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:45 pm I also noticed some posters spouting the "not a zoneminder problem" response to other issues in other threads.

Zoneminder doesn't live in a vacuum.
No need for the loaded language ("spouting", "does not live in a vacuum"). Try to be constructive. Anyways, to address your point, if it's a configuration issue with Apache, it's somewhat on the user to look up the proper resources (which might be apache resources, not necessarily ZM resources). In defense of those who say it's not a ZM issue, a lot of the times it is not. It's hard to say without a concrete example though.

ZM provides install guides for the basic use case. That of a fresh install. If you have a more complex setup, you are expected to be a more advanced user, who can troubleshoot these things with not more than a reasonable amount of support. Feel free to ask questions, just don't be surprised, if someone says "Well hey, it's a pebkac issue. Check your logs, and search the forums." or "Search resources other than zm, because we are not domain experts in <x> program." Because sometimes that is the answer.
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
Acewiza

Post by Acewiza »

burger wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:14 pm No need for the loaded language ("spouting", "does not live in a vacuum").
Right. Spouting is another term for bloviating, which in this context refers to posters who do not have answers and like to post anyway.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

I use the generic conf https://github.com/ZoneMinder/zoneminde ... inder.conf

I wrap that up with <VirtualHost *:81> (albeit not that port).
-