Very pleased with ZM! But questions...

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
tbbrightman

Very pleased with ZM! But questions...

Post by tbbrightman »

1. I'm pretty handy with routers & port forwarding which is how I access my ZM cameras and server at my remote home. Specifically, I login to my Ubuntu 20.04 desktop via remina (VNC client app) and simply enter 'http://localhost/zm' in the browser address bar. BINGO, it all comes up and works. BUT, I'd like to use zmninja to open up viewing to others and I simply can't understand the correct syntax to connect and launch it.

The zmninja appimage belongs on the target machine, not the ZM server right?

Do I need to assign it a TCP port somewhere? I can reach the server computer with port forwarding through routers for the VNC connection so I know that it's all up and works. Do I need to forward to some reserved port on my router and then forward that port to port 80 at the server_ip? How does the '/zm' get passed along?

2. I'm a a loss for how to get PTZ going. Is there a Wiki or applet that I need?
Magic919

Re: Very pleased with ZM! But questions...

Post by Magic919 »

You should forward some port to port 80 on the server. That's it. /zm is just the end part of the URL.

ZMNinja runs on the client machine.

PTZ is just a control parft of the config on ZM. Search for specifics for your camera.
-
alabamatoy

Re: Very pleased with ZM! But questions...

Post by alabamatoy »

tbbrightman wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:27 pm The zmninja appimage belongs on the target machine, not the ZM server right?
ZMNinja is a smartphone app. Install it on your phone, then enter the credentials for access to the ZM server.
tbbrightman wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:27 pm2. I'm a a loss for how to get PTZ going. Is there a Wiki or applet that I need?
Its quite fidley because each brand of camera works differently. And your specific brand of camera needs to be able to do this via TPC/UDP/RTSP. The documentation discusses this, but it can still be challenging.

In the control tab of the monitor, you need to check controllable, enter the correct "type" (which defines the specific low level details of how the interface works), and for some you have to enter the network name of the camera in "control device" field (its used as the realm for authentication in some), and enter login:password@ipaddress:port for the specific camera. You may also need to edit some of the settings in the selected control type by clicking on edit to the right of it.

HTH.