PurgeWhenFull not working

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
VrX

PurgeWhenFull not working

Post by VrX »

I am having an issue with disk space and PurgeWhenFull not working. I have tried searching online but everything I've found points to OPT_FAST_DELETE being enabled (which is disabled).

Deletion is not an issue as can manually delete events and they are also removed from disk but PurgeWhenFull does not do anything, I have it set to 90% and limit to 15 results (run filter in background is on), however disk is currently at 100% and nothing removed.

If I use Execute / List Matches on the PurgeWhenFull filter it replies with "0 Events"

Anyone have any idea where to look? Apart from adding cameras the only change I've made which may be affecting is I added another storage location to use a dedicated drive and possibly wrongly deleted the default.
Andyrh

Re: PurgeWhenFull not working

Post by Andyrh »

My purge when full filters have 3 conditions. The 3rd is "Storage Area". I suspect the Storage Area condition is where your problem lies.
Attachments
PurgeWhenFull.JPG
PurgeWhenFull.JPG (51.64 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
Andy
o||||o

Ubuntu 22.04
ZM 1.36.33
E5-1650-v4 Xeon
16 GB RAM
6 cameras -> 54 FPS modect
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Bingo!

I have 6 storage areas, can I just do ORs on them all or do I have to make 6 purge when full events?
Andyrh

Post by Andyrh »

I think you need one for each storage pool. Otherwise it will return the oldest events from all of the stores, not just one that is full.
Andy
o||||o

Ubuntu 22.04
ZM 1.36.33
E5-1650-v4 Xeon
16 GB RAM
6 cameras -> 54 FPS modect
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Well I am just excited that I think I have it working!