NFS?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
Acewiza

NFS?

Post by Acewiza »

So I found this about using NFS with ZM:

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Common_Issu ... ive_or_NAS

Am I to understand ZM storage cannot read a local path to an NFS mount?

I get nothing but "file not found" and "unable to create" on NFS storage defined with a local mount path. It's not a permissions issue.
bbunge

Re: NFS?

Post by bbunge »

Sure, you can use a NFS mount. However, the drive on the remote device need s to have a "NIX" format (EXT or XFS). NTFS will not work. MAC might.
That how-too is a bit aged but still should work with NFS. An easier way is to mount the NFS device in the ZM server file system then use Options/Storage to set the path to the mounted file system. BTW it needs to have permissions for www-data (Ubuntu/Debian) to read & write.
Acewiza

Post by Acewiza »

I thought the same and believe my issue was mostly a matter of confusion learning a new system while it was actually running, generating an insurmountable number of errors/issues. I'm sure it'll be fine after giving it another go on a clean install.

Tks! :D
Acewiza

Post by Acewiza »

Yeah, so it works fine with my NFS share. I need to stop approaching new software like I did back in the day when I got paid to play with this shyt: Roll it in quick 'n dirty, mis-configure it until it's FUBAR, then look at the log(s). :wink: