Iso file available?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
eiger3970

Iso file available?

Post by eiger3970 »

My hypervisor with the vm running the Ubuntu server, which ZM will run on, has no Internet.
This desktop has Internet, so I download iso files to this desktop, then scp over to the hypervisor.

Is there a ZoneMinder.iso file available please?
I tried the ppa repository, but this seems to be a .sh file, which I think will install to my desktop.
If I scp this .sh file to the hypervisor, the .sh file I'm guessing will try to access Internet, which will fail.
bbunge

Re: Iso file available?

Post by bbunge »

There have been some pre-packaged Ubuntu systems with Zoneminder. I had one with Lubuntu and ZM 1.30.? several years ago but it was deleted from my archives a while back. There is a prepackaged install for armhf, 32 bit Raspberry, on the zmrepo. You may just be out of luck. Sorry.
eiger3970

Post by eiger3970 »

Thank you.
I guess I will have to try a temporary Internet connection to my hypervisor server.
It has a nice air gap from the Internet, so hopefully a new Wi-Fi NIC can be configured to state DOWN, after I install an Ubuntu or Debian OS on the hypervisor VM, then ZoneMinder.
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

Maybe you could download the ZM package and dependencies and then transfer the files over and install from those?

This page looks like it provides a pretty good overview/starting point for how to do that:

ostechnix.com/download-packages-dependencies-locally-ubuntu/
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

If you can get Docker installed on your air gapped machine, you could pull down a zoneminder container to your machine with internet, export the container to a tar file, and then sneaker-net the container over to the air-gapped machine.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/