Linked Monitors and OD <Best Practice> Discussion

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
Pedulla

Linked Monitors and OD <Best Practice> Discussion

Post by Pedulla »

I'm running 1.34.22 on UB20.04 server, NGINX/MariaDB (Discrete install not Docker). Running quite nicely, very stable, filters and cleanup work, very tolerant of cheap cams... Works well. GJ @Ic0n
I'm running ES&OD in the stock form from @asker. (Great work btw).

My question comes from the use of linked monitors. (Low-Res(352x240) Modect , Hi-Res (2560x1440) NoDect linked to Low Res)

Is anyone using OD in this configuration?
Do you run OD on the Low-Res monitor or the Hi-Res monitor?
If you are using the Hi-Res monitor for OD, which "frame_id=" option are you using? (bestmatch, alarm, snapshot)

If none of the above are true, did you just go with a Hi-Res Modect and run OD on that?

=======================
My concerns are:
1) The alarm value for the linked Hi-Res monitor is all the same (because it was triggered from the link), so how would OD know the best frame to get?
2) The Low-Res monitor will have the best frame_id's to choose from but the resolution is too low for good OD.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

=======================

To add a wrinkle, is anyone running a Mocord Hi-Res monitor linked to a Low-Res in Modect?
Pedulla

Re: Linked Monitors and OD <Best Practice> Discussion

Post by Pedulla »

So, I've been running this config for several days (since the original post) and am surprised at how well OD works on the low res cams.
I'll keep this config and just rely on the HiRes monitors for "Forensic" review and live feeds.

Next I'll move on to LPR and Facial recognition. Curious if those will function as well at the low res.

But given the silence on this conversation, I'm curious; Am I on an island here?
burger

Re: Linked Monitors and OD <Best Practice> Discussion

Post by burger »

I record on the high res, and mocord on the low res. I don't mess with linked monitors. Too many headaches reported in the forum. I don't trust software detection - I can't ever tune the zones good. So mocord is used.

Takes up more HDD space, but nothing is missed.
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide