Auto HD clean filter with two drives.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
thor95

Auto HD clean filter with two drives.

Post by thor95 »

I'm running ZM 1.34.22 with five cams storage over two HD's. The default boot drive stores three low-res cams along with boot Ubuntu OS and the two HD cams are stored on a secondary drive.
I run the default filter to keep the drives purged when they hit 85% capacity but I've been finding that while the secondary drive seems to be flushed by the filter, the default drive is not and fills the drive to 100% causing problems with the overall performance of the system.
I wind up having to CLI in to Terminal and remove files/folders manually to get the system running properly again.
OS is Linux distro Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS.

Anybody else running a similar config?
burger

Re: Auto HD clean filter with two drives.

Post by burger »

See: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Using_a_ded ... structions
Choose the PurgeWhenFull filter. Add storage area and the default will be equal to, which will work. Choose your new storage area from the drop down. You can test the filter now, by clicking on List Matches. Click save, to make the changes permanent.
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
thor95

Post by thor95 »

When I added the second drive I never changed the Purge filter. The system is purging the new, second hard drive correctly.
It is not purging the original, existing default drive any more.
I look in the Purge filter and there is no drop down that identifies specific hard drives.
Archive Status equal to Unarchived Only and Disk Percent greater or equal to 85.
There is nothing here that is specific to a particular drive.
prplhaz4

Post by prplhaz4 »

thor95 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:20 am When I added the second drive I never changed the Purge filter. The system is purging the new, second hard drive correctly.
It is not purging the original, existing default drive any more.
I look in the Purge filter and there is no drop down that identifies specific hard drives.
Archive Status equal to Unarchived Only and Disk Percent greater or equal to 85.
There is nothing here that is specific to a particular drive.
I've created a filter for each storage area (hard drive) I use, and it seems to work. The name of the field will be "Storage Area".
Attachments
zm_filters_MultipleStorageLocations.png
zm_filters_MultipleStorageLocations.png (97.73 KiB) Viewed 2059 times