Accidentally deleted monitors

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
Julf

Accidentally deleted monitors

Post by Julf »

I think this is the third time I have accidentally deleted all monitors (as part of deleting event logs). Is there any way to recover an old configuration?
Magic919

Re: Accidentally deleted monitors

Post by Magic919 »

Restore a DB backup and you’ll get the monitors, at the expense of recent events. I have no idea how to delete monitors accidentally.
-
Julf

Post by Julf »

Requires that you have done a DB backup. I will tell you the steps to delete monitors accidentally as soon as I get one or more reconstructed.
Julf

Post by Julf »

As to how to delete monitors accidentally... Imagine the end of as long day. You have 200+ events recorded, you quickly scan through the list and mark them all, and go "delete", and go "OK" on the "Are you sure". Deleting all those events takes a while, so you deal with other stuff. When you glance back at the ZM console, and see a very similar screen to the event list one, with only a few entries (depending on the number of monitors you have - I have 6), and mentally you go "oh, there were still some more events", mark them and go "Delete" and "OK" without thinking about it...
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Ok, I understand now. Good time to do that DB backup.

I only really use filters to do deletes. I have one for over 7 days. I just run that manually from time to time via command line.
-