Mocord showing 0 alarm frames

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
veehexx

Mocord showing 0 alarm frames

Post by veehexx »

I've recently bought a new camera and i'm experimenting with the various record functions to get it setup.
being outdoors it sees a wide range of 'movement' from legitimate movement to the change in light as the sun moves in and out of the clouds.
while i've got the motion detection reasonably well tuned in (maybe 90% detection success) using the Modect function it does still miss or be overly sensitive sometimes. These events correctly show alarm frames & scores.

Changing the function from modect to mocord the Cause column shows 'motion: new' but i'm not seeing any alarm frames, scores or red highlighting in the the video playback to denote where that motion is. I've attached screenshot of the events page.

is this correct operation? seems a bit pointless with it not showing the detected motion points over just non-analysed record which would save on the cpu cycles for processing.

I'm running v1.34.18 official docker container if it matters.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200918_085017.png
Screenshot_20200918_085017.png (96.71 KiB) Viewed 4857 times
burger

Re: Mocord showing 0 alarm frames

Post by burger »

veehexx wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:01 am is this correct operation? seems a bit pointless with it not showing the detected motion points over just non-analysed record which would save on the cpu cycles for processing.
When there is no motion detected there is no score. But there should be a score when motion is detected, whether mocord or modect. Does show timeline have any peaks for motion? Is the zone configured right?

Maybe post your camera settings.
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Oh and what's with the two New Events... sounds like there is crashing going on.

Also, 1.34.18 is now old. There are actual fixes that go into subsequent releases. Please update to 1.34.21.
veehexx

Post by veehexx »

burger wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:51 pm When there is no motion detected there is no score. But there should be a score when motion is detected, whether mocord or modect. Does show timeline have any peaks for motion? Is the zone configured right?

Maybe post your camera settings.
motion is detected when i use modect, all things equal but with a change to mocord results in no alerts. Timeline has no peaks for the mocord period but shows >0 when i had it in modect.
for testing i actually setup a new zone with ultra sensitive settings but resulted in no change;
Units: percent
alarm check method: alarmedpixels
pixel threshold: 10
min/max alarmed area: 1/blank

iconnor wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:33 pm Oh and what's with the two New Events... sounds like there is crashing going on.

Also, 1.34.18 is now old. There are actual fixes that go into subsequent releases. Please update to 1.34.21.
the 2 new events was me restarting something - it was either a tweak to the camera settings or i restarted the container. probably a bad time to do that for an example screenshot!

as far as i'm aware i'm on the latest available version; I'm using the image from https://hub.docker.com/r/zoneminderhq/zoneminder. dockerfile appears to be pulling from the centos7 yum repos.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

We are not in control of zoneminderhq.

1.34.18 is not the latest version of zoneminder.
zemsten

Post by zemsten »

iconnor wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:25 pm We are not in control of zoneminderhq.

FWIW, your own repo https://zmrepo.zoneminder.com/debian/release-1.34/ doesn't have 1.34.21 on it yet, and it's been a week.
veehexx

Post by veehexx »

iconnor wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:25 pm We are not in control of zoneminderhq.

oh, thought it was the official repo - my mistake, thanks for clarifying. i'll go pester them for an update! :D
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

crap clearly I neglected to build zmrepo packages for debian. Doing so now.
zemsten

Post by zemsten »

iconnor wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:54 pm crap clearly I neglected to build zmrepo packages for debian. Doing so now.
Thanks much! I look forward to each development here. We appreciate your work. I don't mind offering up a nudging reminder every now and then. ;)
fleminra

Post by fleminra »

Was this resolved by updating? I'm seeing the same behavior with 1.34.25.

(I'm using the Debian package, which does remind me that 1.34.26 is available, although it has not appeared in the Debian part of zmrepo.)

Just to recap: with "modetect," I see non-zero numbers for "Alarm Frames" and the other columns. But since switching to "mocord," it's zeros for all those columns.

Nothing stands out in the logs.

Thanks,
Robert