Monitor Limit?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
rebornjumpman

Monitor Limit?

Post by rebornjumpman »

I am running version 1.34.16 and currently have 41 monitors setup with a few more left to add. Everything is running great overall, but I've noticed that any monitor I add after #38 does not show the camera feed in monitor view or in event view. If I copy the source of a working monitor to one of the non-working ones the known good stream does not display. Likewise, if I copy the source of a non-working one to a known-good one it displays just fine. Everything in the monitor setup is correct and the cameras themselves are working as they should, it's just not showing up in monitor 39, 40, 41, or presumably any others to be added later. Is there a limit to how many cameras I can have coming through ZM? I've looked over the documentation and did some searches on these forums but didn't find anything to answer this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
bbunge

Re: Monitor Limit?

Post by bbunge »

One limitation is free space in /dev/shm. If it is full then you are at your limit. Unless you add more RAM or reduce the resolution in the other cameras. There are other factors but the /dev/shm free space is likely it. I have found that the newer Zoneminder is very easy on shared memory especially if you record video and disable the jpeg. One easy way to lower shared memory use is to half the resolution settings in Zoneminder Source/Source.
rebornjumpman

Post by rebornjumpman »

Thanks for the reply. /dev/shm was at 76% so I upped it to 8GB from 6 and brought the resolution down on several of the higher resolution monitors but still no good. I'll try upping shm to 10GB and see what happens.
rebornjumpman

Post by rebornjumpman »

rebornjumpman wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:57 pm Thanks for the reply. /dev/shm was at 76% so I upped it to 8GB from 6 and brought the resolution down on several of the higher resolution monitors but still no good. I'll try upping shm to 10GB and see what happens.
Update: Increasing shm to 10GB didn't work either.