Working on Wifi not 4G

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
swieprecht

Working on Wifi not 4G

Post by swieprecht »

Hi, bit of an odd one I think....

So, when I use Chrome or a Browser I get a broken image, no live feed displayed, but when I use ZMNinja the feed it great... bit wierd, but not my biggest issue...

When I am ZMNinja on my local WiFi, all camera feeds work fine and come through great... as soon as I switch to 4G the feed no longer comes through even though ZMNinja connects and loads the monitors.

Just to clarify, I am using a remote site to connect to not a local IP so that isnt the issue, and I can connect to Zoneminder in a browser from 4G using the same details so port forwarding is fine...

I can't think what it could possible be!
bbunge

Re: Working on Wifi not 4G

Post by bbunge »

You did not give any details of your Zoneminder server. So assuming it is a normal setup with Apache running on port 80 you should be OK of you port forward port 80 on your router to the Zoneminder server (will not discuss the port forwarding requirements for ZmNinja). As we know port 80 is not secure so set up secure access, port 443, in Apache.
As an alternative use a VPN to connect to your router then you can connect to the Zoneminder server just like you were sitting on the LAN.
swieprecht

Post by swieprecht »

As mentioned, port forwarding is not the issue, I know how to port forward and have already had a working instance - it's on port 443 as it's secure. I can connect to Zoneminder on 4G, I just cant see any of the streams on 4G.

It's a multiserver setup on ubuntu running on Pi 4's. It worked before I tried to move to more energy efficient multiserver on Pi 4's.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

It's a Pi not a PC or server. My experience with a Pi is to use a Buster install sans desktop. Installing Ubuntu 18.04 0r 20.04 (32 or 64 bit) also works but I remove the cloud junk and just use a basic system. If I can I will also remove the server components and just run a LAMP or LEMP (using Mariadb).

Multiserver setup? I feel you are asking for problems.