My ZM 1.34.20, ubuntu 20.04, nginx, UFW, 3x Eufy indoor 2K setup

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
WiggleDog

My ZM 1.34.20, ubuntu 20.04, nginx, UFW, 3x Eufy indoor 2K setup

Post by WiggleDog »

Hi All,

I've been working on this project for about 8 weeks on and off. I do run a dedicated server, more for fun these days. I am 62 disabled, mostly housebound after lorry crash in 2007, a bit of a geek, with some time on my hands. I love Debian/ubuntu, I learned all by myself with some help from people on the net that I have met over the years, And my best internet friend Google lol

I thought I will share this with you for information purpose, which might help someone setting up ZoneMinder, I started on 1.34.16 now on 1.34.20, ZMEventNotifications, all running on ubuntu 20.04 UFW Enabled, Nginx, php7.4-fpm etc. Also fully working with zmNinja

https://nextcloud.wigglecat.uk/s/KawWacddaEMFAmx

Hardware used: 3x eufy Security 2K Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt, Plug-In Security Indoor Camera

https://nextcloud.wigglecat.uk/s/9HW65RczEKbm7DZ

Cam screenshots (more to come)
https://nextcloud.wigglecat.uk/s/mwg7AYETbaGCbcJ

I have not tried to get pan/tilt control to work yet. Any info would help I don't understand the camera control stuff! I will post info and configs used in my setup if anyone wants them, just leave a comment!

I hope this post will help people!! :D
bbunge

Re: My ZM 1.34.20, ubuntu 20.04, nginx, UFW, 3x Eufy indoor 2K setup

Post by bbunge »

Good to hear you got Zoneminder working on 20.04/NGINX. Must admit that every time I tried ZM on 20.04 LEMP it failed. Might need to get your procedure as mine on the WIKI does not seem to work.
bb

Edit: Found my error in the WIKI install instructions for LEMP!
WiggleDog

Post by WiggleDog »

Happy you go it sorted in the end 8)
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Let us know when you need help with PTZ. Someone here will have an answer..

As for Zoneminder LEMP on Ubuntu, I have a couple of servers running with NGINX, Mariadb and PHP 7.2. I use older PC's for servers. Usually i5's or better. Install the OS and database to a small SSD (120 GB for a start) with at least a 1 TB drive for storage. Most times I can cram in 16 GB RAM which for our older cams is plenty. One server is a 70 mile round trip away so I have it set up to manage via a VPN and Webmin.

As for age, I have 11 years on you. But the "kids" here are usually kind to the old folks.
TobStar

Post by TobStar »

Hey WiggleDog,

im alo trying getting the eufy 2k Indoor working. Could you please tell us your settings? Cause nextcloud links arent available anymore.
bobMuk

Post by bobMuk »

Did you ever get the PTZ functionality working with these cameras?
I just bought one, it's a pretty good camera but not much use in ZM unless I can move it :)