FAT-zm_monitor.cpp 2324 [Bogus monitor type 'WebSite' for monitor 7]

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
jpcy

FAT-zm_monitor.cpp 2324 [Bogus monitor type 'WebSite' for monitor 7]

Post by jpcy »

Hi, all.

I did an update from 1.34.4 to 1.34.19 and now things have gone weird.

None of my WebSite monitors are displaying in Montage, though individually each monitor works fine and after clearing my logs, nothing showed up in them.

I then tried restarting but that just made things even stranger - the FPS for the two remaining monitors which work (10 & 11, which were running at 2fps) are now around 40fps.

I saw this error about one of the non-working website monitors:

Code: Select all

...FAT-zm_monitor.cpp/2324 [Bogus monitor type 'WebSite' for monitor 7]
Can't find anything after a forum search. (Had to remove the forward slash as it caused phpBB to bork.)

My error log is now full of:

Socket /var/run/zm/zms-150867s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information.
(Incidentally, what's the 'zone window'?)

These appeared after the reboot:

2020-08-18 02:24:47	zmdc		600	ERR	'zma -m 11' exited abnormally, exit status 255	zmdc.pl	
2020-08-18 02:24:47	zma_m11		841	ERR	Got empty memory map file size 0, is the zmc process for this monitor running?	zm_monitor.cpp	580
2020-08-18 02:24:46	zms_m11		840	ERR	Unable to connect to zmc process for monitor 11	zms.cpp	257
2020-08-18 02:24:46	zms_m11		840	ERR	Unable to connect to monitor id 11 for streaming	zm_stream.cpp	53
But both monitors 10 & 11 are working fine! :cry:

tl;dr: 5 [Bogus?] 'WebSite' monitors stopped working after update , but show no errors. It guess it wouldn't show zms/zmc warnings as WebSite 'streams' are not analysed. 2 working monitors stream but are generating failure errors.

If you need any information let me know what to type and I'll send you the output :)

Is there any good documentation available about what situations cause these errors?

BTW, I have checked out a lot of other errors I haven't mentioned and sorted them (unsaved events, etc) but I know the ZMS path is correct, the Apache2 'cgi-bin' module is installed and enabled. I can get a live monitor view of all my monitors from zms. I even checked the contents of the path and found the files nph-zms (link to zms) and zms.

Also, monitors in the montage view are misaligned. In 2-wide and 3-wide, the two working monitors are on opposite sides of the page, on two different rows. In 4-wide they're centred and in 5-wide they're both neatly on the left on one row.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Last edited by jpcy on Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
jpcy

Re: FAT-zm_monitor.cpp 2324 [Bogus monitor type 'WebSite' for monitor 7]

Post by jpcy »

Oh, the FPS on the two working monitors has returned to 2 again... Very strange but good lol. Maybe just a page-loading 'artefact'?

I can't see any log entries for my other WebSite monitors.

I stopped zoneminder and deleted the .lock files from /var/run/zm/ to see if that would fix anything with those .sock errors. It didn't work and it's still complaining about monitors 10 and 11.

All monitors are green. 2 (10 & 11) are 'Capturing' jpeg based CCTV images at 2fps, the 5 WebSite monitors (2, 3, 4, 7 & 8) are 'Not Capturing' a png-format image file with a .jpg extension over a https connection at 0.01fps (I know, sounds weird, but it worked fine.)

All 5 WebSite monitors show '0' events in all columns, except monitors 7 & 8 which are blank under the Hour, Day and Week columns.

The 2 capturing monitors are recording events with repeated frames - not sure what's causing that yet. It was doing it before the upgrade anyway.

Playback was weird in the previous version - It would play for a while then show something that looked like a video tape getting chewed up with the text 'Next event = 21357617347' or similar. Recent recorded events play for up to 9m 25s before displaying 'No Data' over the playback.

I tried cloning two of the WebSite monitors. Both have empty Hour, Day and Month columns and don't show up in montage view. Monitor view they display fine. No errors about montage view in the log.

I have recreated a Web Site monitor, which behaves just like the clones. Monitor view works fine, but in montage it's missing.

Cycle view displays all monitors fine.

I gotta sleep.

I hope this helps shed some light on what may be happening.

Thanks again.
jpcy

Post by jpcy »

Does anyone have any ideas what causes this error??

[Bogus monitor type 'WebSite' for monitor 7]
Fingers crossed :/
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Linux distro and version? Instructions you used to install Zoneminder?