Montage View Missing Some Monitors

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
rebornjumpman

Montage View Missing Some Monitors

Post by rebornjumpman »

Good day all, I'm currently running 1.34.16 and have an older zm instance running 1.30.4 (to be replaced by the newer one) and in both of them all of my cameras are showing in their monitors, but in montage view it only shows 6/38 of them. I'm thinking this is a setting in options, but I'm not sure where to look for it. The monitors were all showing just fine a few weeks ago and have been hit or miss since then. Now we consistently only get the top 6 in my console. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I can click on where the monitors should be and the pop up appears as it would from the console, it's just the live view in montage itself. The OS it's running on is Ubuntu Server 20.04.
iconnor

Re: Montage View Missing Some Monitors

Post by iconnor »

You need to look at multi-port mode.

You configure apache to listen on a range of ports, and tell ZM what those are.

https://medium.com/zmninja/multi-port-s ... 836a336c93
rebornjumpman

Post by rebornjumpman »

Sweet, I'll check that out. Thanks man.
ilkb

Post by ilkb »

iconnor wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:55 pm You need to look at multi-port mode.

You configure apache to listen on a range of ports, and tell ZM what those are.

https://medium.com/zmninja/multi-port-s ... 836a336c93
Hi!

I had a similar problem. True, I have found the solution you linked before and have done the steps written in it. However, I am not doing something well because after restarting or updating the docker container and even sometimes while just running it, my changes to the apache2 configurations disappear. How can I make these permanent?
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

If you are using Firefox there is a configuration fix that will allow the browser to show all the monitors. Should be in the wiki somewhere.
ilkb

Post by ilkb »

I'm not usng Firefox. The most appropriate solution would be to make the docker configuration permanent. Unfortunatelly, I'm a newbie in docker config.