Configuring object detection - use of ZM zones

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
SkippyDo

Configuring object detection - use of ZM zones

Post by SkippyDo »

[Is this even the proper forum for discussing issues related to object detection (and zmeventnotification)?]

Just getting zmeventnotification set up with object detection. Questions pertain to obectconfig.ini.

In the examples given within the file it shows "my_driveway_perimeter=306,356 1003,341 1074,683 154,715" and "param=219,304 1113,278 1066,863 177,852" for two different monitors. Does it not matter what the polygon area's variable name is?

For my purposes I believe that I'm better off just using existing ZM zones. So... is it as simple as just setting import_zm_zones to "yes"? What if I have multiple zones and am looking for (or perhaps to exclude) different objects within each zone?* If that's possible how do I define detect_pattern for each zone?**

* In one monitor I see an area around my garage and my front deck. I set the area around the garage to one zone, which looks for larger objects (because I have fowl running around- they can flock together, which makes a larger mass- <-THIS is the big reason why I want object detection, to EXCLUDE our fowl from triggering alarms!), while zone for the deck looks at/for smaller objects because it's farther away. Added into this mix is that my dog (a large dog) will often be out on the deck and I don't care about that, BUT, I DO care if the dog is OFF the deck, around the garage (which means the dog could be on the loose- still haven't totally trained it to leave our fowl alone! generally my fowl will let me know if the dog is running loose!).

* Some of my problem is that I find it hard to trigger events based on pixels or percentage over a large distance: a person farther away is going to take up a lot less area than a person closer to the camera.

I suppose it might be that I just omit ZM zones altogether, but I have a lot of area that is in view to my cameras and thus have lots of things that can trigger alarms: lots of changes in lighting due to sun and clouds and trees changing their shadows; I also depend on motion sensor lights to trigger alarms at night (not sure how I'm going to deal with this one with object detection taking place- I sometimes capture things that would be hard to look for, things that I want to know about, things like predators (raccoons - we have a lot of free-ranging fowl; raccoons have been detected passing by the house area); perhaps I would look to disable object detection at night? (I want to know about ALL triggerings of the motion sensors.) Object detection will help me eliminate alarms from my wood stove when smoke wafts down and into a zone's view.
SkippyDo

Re: Configuring object detection - use of ZM zones

Post by SkippyDo »

Yikes! Missed this comment in the file:

Code: Select all

# Parameters:
# polygon areas where object detection will be done.
# You can name them anything except the keywords defined in the optional
# params below. You can put as many polygons as you want per [monitor-<mid>]
# (see examples).
OK, so that's covered. But still have the question about whether different parameters can be used for different zones (belonging to same Monitor).