trying to get zmninja working

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
lorenjz

trying to get zmninja working

Post by lorenjz »

Hello,

I've been working to get zmninja working for my system. I followed https://zmninja.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... g-api.html to ensure that zoneminder is configured correctly. At step 4 ( Type in http://server/zm/api/host/getVersion.json) the response comes back "Not Authenticated"

Any ideas as to what my problem is or what my next troubleshooting step should be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Loren
asker

Re: trying to get zmninja working

Post by asker »

Check ZM logs during api login to see if it’s throwing an error. Check your time zone is correct in ZM options too.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
lorenjz

Post by lorenjz »

I had a thought. When I watched the logs in zoneminder to see if anything came up when I tried to log in, nothing happened. So then I attempted again watching for traffic on my firewall. There wasn't any activity there either. Then it dawned on me that I had to use a port redirect for web traffic, but didn't setup any port forwarding for the zmninja app. Does the app or authentication use different ports than normal web traffic?

thanks for the help!

Loren
SkippyDo

Post by SkippyDo »

I believe that the answer is NO. BUT, if you happen to decide to use zmeventnotification you'll need to make sure that port 9000 is available.
lorenjz

Post by lorenjz »

This morning I thought I would try and verify traffic to zoneminder. I turned wifi off on my phone started a packet capture looking for traffic from my lte IP. I was able to log into my instance of zone minder with out any problems. I stopped the packet capture and was able to see the traffic that had passed through the firewall. I restarted the packet capture and then tried to open the app. After the login failed, I stopped the packet capture and noted that there were no packets captured by the firewall from my LTE IP address.

Is it safe to assume that my dynamic dns (no-ip.com) redirect is not working for the app?
SkippyDo

Post by SkippyDo »

Can you do a simple ping to your ZM server using its FQDN via a cellular data path?

When you state "WiFi" you need to clarify whether this is a connection to your local network or not.

Your server's WAN connection is being provided, how? (what's the relation to that and to your local WiFi-served network?)