Restore config

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
sufstu

Restore config

Post by sufstu »

Updated from 18.04 to 20.04 didn't go smoothly but I have zm running now but had to use new database setup

Is it easy to restore config if I have complete backup of all files from old installation - I didn't back up the database though?

I only need camera configs and zone configs

cheers

Stuart
snake

Re: Restore config

Post by snake »

Restoring config is done by backup / restore of database.

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/MySQL
gruiarew

Post by gruiarew »

Also have some slight query related to this...

I have a bunch of cameras, modect in low stream, nodect in high stream. But I have some big troubles with system load and I need to add more cameras. I would like to change the monitors only on high stream to perform modect only on that.

However I have a bunch of zones that were fine-tuned and I would not like to lose those settings as it took me a few full days to get it working properly. Can I save it from interface as a "new state" or I really need to dump the database?

Thanks!
SkippyDo

Post by SkippyDo »

There's nothing built-in to ZM that offers any such function (I'm thinking that it might be nice to have it as many people have encountered cases that they'd just like to have such configs, not a full DB blob).

In general: Can accomplish via command line sql statement to select everything from the necessary table(s) (not sure what ZM tables would be required, but should be easy enough to figure out). When re-importing you'd want to drop the existing table(s) and recreate, then read in the data that was extracted. I am thinking that, once I get my new installation running, I'll look to make a separate backup of these configs.