Timeline shows just 1 frame / event

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
Henri

Timeline shows just 1 frame / event

Post by Henri » Fri May 08, 2020 12:08 pm

My configuration is ZM 1.34.11 running on Ubuntu 18.04
If i start timeline view for several (recording) events on one Monitor the Mouseover on the timeline shows just one frame per event.
That means if my event section lengt is 3 minutes the picture changes just every 3 timeline minutes on not as in 1.32.3 where i can see several pictures/frames during the timeline mouseover.
This makes the timeline useless because you can not find out what happens inside an event, specialy if your section lengt is high (10 minutes or more).

Henri

Re: Timeline shows just 1 frame / event

Post by Henri » Sun May 10, 2020 12:17 pm

Is there someone else with the same problem or is nobody using the timeline feature.

td

Post by td » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:57 pm

Hello Henri,

same with me, version 1.34.21.
When hovering the mouse ove the timeline exactly one image is displayed. When hovering further the displayed image does not change.

Best
td

leewells

Post by leewells » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:20 pm

I'm seeing the same problem on 1.34.22 on Ubuntu 18.04.5. I just upgraded from 1.30.4 yesterday, and it was working fine before the upgrade.

I see it on monitors that are capturing jpg frames, as well as ones that are capturing h264 video. For the monitors recording video, I can see one NNNNN-capture.jpg get generated in the events directory, but no more if I move the mouse. If I go out and back into the timeline view, then it will generate one more -capture.jpg for a different frame.

So far I can't find any errors in the apache logs, or in the zoneminder logs (I even turned on debug logging for a bit).

--Lee

burger

Post by burger » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 pm

Related: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=29925

I wonder if adding 'savejpegs' will fix the timeline. With just x264 encode, I'm guessing it uses the one jpeg from where the movies are stored, but per previous post, maybe not.
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<ipaddress>:554/path output.mp4
from terminal, and run through paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to cctv, read this:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide

leewells

Post by leewells » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:21 pm

burger wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 pm
I wonder if adding 'savejpegs' will fix the timeline. With just x264 encode, I'm guessing it uses the one jpeg from where the movies are stored, but per previous post, maybe not.
I see the problem on monitors with savejpegs, and without. I could understand the convert from h264 to jpeg to cause an issue..... but it happens even when the *-capture.jpg files are already sitting in the events directory (monitors with savejpegs on).

--Lee

leewells

Post by leewells » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:11 pm

I did a little more digging, and I see about 3 or 4 GET requests in the apache logs to get 1 frame of an event in the timeline when I mouseover it.
But if I move the mouse around some more, no additional requests are sent from the browser to apache.

I'm thinking this problem is on the browser side of things.

I can see another 3-4 GETs if I move to a 2nd event in the same timeline, but if I then move back to the original event, there are no more requests made.
It seems we get one mouseover action fired per event, and then no more until you reload the page, or pan the timeline.

--Lee