getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-120678s.sock does not exist

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
binarywarlock

getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-120678s.sock does not exist

Post by binarywarlock »

I am running Zoneminder 1.34 on Ubuntu Server 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Everything actually works fine until I turn Authentication on. As soon as I check the box for "OPT_USE_AUTH" under Options>System, I can no longer view the streams. Log entries are below.

Socket /var/run/zm/zms-350482s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to
http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information.

getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-120678s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information.
shores

Re: getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-120678s.sock does not exist

Post by shores »

I think you just stumbled across something a few of us are having that is related.
there is another thread that a few of us are having on ubuntu 18 and 20 that we also are not able to see streams, even though all the paths are right.
@bbunge i think was his user name he said check camera resolution, etc.

i unchecked use auth (i was logged in as the admin user), and the feeds work fine immediately.
something is broken on ubuntu when using authentication the feeds are not working
DogFather

Re: getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-120678s.sock does not exist

Post by DogFather »

having this same issue. Since I am just getting started I'll give Debian a try to see if that works any better or just different bugs that are less annoying.