Audit process not deleting old images, maybe not even running?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
magarity

Audit process not deleting old images, maybe not even running?

Post by magarity »

I have the 'run audit' checked on in the config screen with a time of 14400 (4 hours) but after doing quick delete yesterday of a month's worth of captures it has yet to delete any of the associated images by today, 18 hours later. What might I not have set correctly? My configuration is two RPi's recently updated to 1.34.10, The ZM shared mariadb is on A and the images are on a completely separate NAS. A is checked off to 'run audit' in 'servers' screen while B is not. How can I manually kick off the audit process if the automatic scheduling doesn't work?
iconnor

Re: Audit process not deleting old images, maybe not even running?

Post by iconnor »

We do NOT recommend running zmaudit.

It will go away from the config in 1.35./1.36.

If you want to run it manually after a crash, go ahead. Or run it from cron on weekends or something.
bbunge

Re: Audit process not deleting old images, maybe not even running?

Post by bbunge »

magarity wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:28 am I have the 'run audit' checked on in the config screen with a time of 14400 (4 hours) but after doing quick delete yesterday of a month's worth of captures it has yet to delete any of the associated images by today, 18 hours later. What might I not have set correctly? My configuration is two RPi's recently updated to 1.34.10, The ZM shared mariadb is on A and the images are on a completely separate NAS. A is checked off to 'run audit' in 'servers' screen while B is not. How can I manually kick off the audit process if the automatic scheduling doesn't work?
If you are storing events on another device you need a separate filter for that device. And do not do fast delete!