Run script at start of event, not after

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
JCB

Run script at start of event, not after

Post by JCB »

Hello,

It has been a while from my last filter creation.

I currently have a filter that will execute a script filtering on alarm frames >= 40 on a single device.

It will work, but it seems to send the command at the end of the alarm.

My goal is that the script will run at the time that the number of alarm frames is at 40 or greater, and will display the camera on a LCD via a RasP Iwhen someone walk up. The current state is that it will trigger, but after about 15 seconds, therefor I am assuming that it is at the end of the event.

Thoughts to get this to trigger at the start of the event? My googlin has failed me

Regards,

JC
iconnor

Re: Run script at start of event, not after

Post by iconnor »

There is a problem here in that the filter code automatically adds a EndTime IS NOT NULL to the filter query. it really shouldn't do that. But it does.

For 1.34.11 perhaps I will add a condition that if you specify an EndTime term in the filter, it will not auto-add one. So you could add to your filter something to do with EndTime and then it would work.

For now, you can edit /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Filter.pm line 333 and comment it out. Be aware that your other filters will start to act on in-progress events too, so make sure they have an EndTime term as well.