Modetect false alarms

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
RonRN18

Modetect false alarms

Post by RonRN18 »

I am still in the testing phases of Zoneminder, trying to work out the bugs before I move to my new house and install cameras "everywhere." At the moment, for testing purposes, I have a camera set up in my living room, as it was a convenient place to put it where there would be occasional movement. I have the main stream sending video at 1920x1080 and the sub-stream at "D1". I set up two different monitors, one being Nodetect and under storage I have it set to H264 passthrough. The other monitor is set to Modect. I called the first monitor "Living Room" and the second "Living Room - Detect". I linked "Living Room" to "Living Room - Detect". Under "Living Room - Detect", I created a zone I call "Sofa", I have the settings for it below:

The problem that I have is that I have a TON of false alarms, where several segments of video are recorded without any activity.
Bluemax

Re: Modetect false alarms

Post by Bluemax »

Raise the min areas. Get familiar how to tune the zones by reading the docs and tutorials.
There is not much gain in using two streams though as both streams are decompressed anyway. I tested that as well some days ago.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Windows. Changing light from clouds passing the sun or cars going past at night will trigger alarms.
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

I gave up on motion detection on any outdoor scenes long ago. Clouds, winds, headlights all that stuff is motion.