I was going to post but looks like Isaac beat me to it:
Some other thoughts for bkjaya1952:
- In general, good to see you are experimenting with new builds/OS releases. Always welcome. It looks like you did some good work in the past to get things working with Mysql8 and some of that work was inherited in the Ubuntu wiki instructions.
- It might be better for the ZM community if you chose to re-organize your posts as follows:
a) Create your own wiki index page - similar to what many users have done - just create a create called 'Bkjaya's experiments' or something like that like I did for my experiments here https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Various_ZM_thoughts
b) Upload instructions as you see fit as wiki articles, not PDF files
c) Try to post articles on the ZM wiki, not link to your wordpress blog because that blog has several advertisements that make the reading experience worse
There are a few of advantages to this:
1) It will be easier for you to manage as things change, rather than multiple PDF attachments that can get outdated soon. For example, Isaac posted specific comments above. You can easily make changes to your wiki article with those changes instead of uploading another PDF (and even if you did, people may discover the old PDF by random searches and get confused)
2) It will be easier for users to discover the right install instructions. User bbunge maintains a (semi)official ubuntu/debian install guide here https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu
which has been very helpful for users who in the past have done forum searches and come across different install instructions leading to frustration because when things change, these instructions are not updated or forgotten about. A lot of users come in for a short period of time and move on.
3) Title your instructions correctly so people know this is not for a stable release for example
Food for thought. You are of course, free do do what you think best.