ZMRepo Builds - Debian Stretch and Jessie incomplete

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
snake

ZMRepo Builds - Debian Stretch and Jessie incomplete

Post by snake »

Some builds for Stretch and Jessie are not there. Are these planned to be supported? I'm almost positive 1.34 will build on stretch, as I've tested 1.33 with Devuan Ascii (which is more or less similar), so I don't think much has changed.

Review https://zmrepo.zoneminder.com/Debian/ and you'll see stretch is missing deb packages for amd64 and i386. Jessie is likewise incomplete, though I think that's less important as it's old stable now. Could probably ignore Jessie if it causes trouble building.
snake

Re: ZMRepo Builds - Debian Stretch and Jessie incomplete

Post by snake »

Also, looks like 1.32.3 and 1.34 on zmrepo are missing the /etc/init.d/zoneminder script.

Including this file will retain compatibility with sysvinit. The init file from 1.30.4 works ok for these releases.

Another note: ZMRepo currently has release and release-1.34. Release has 1.32.3. In order to not break things going forward, maybe some thought should be put into the names for folders. If 1.32.3 stays in release thats fine, but if that gets changed to 1.34 or 1.36, some people will be inconvenienced, for sure. Just a thought.
bbunge

Re: ZMRepo Builds - Debian Stretch and Jessie incomplete

Post by bbunge »

Debian Buster install from release-1.34 works OK. Just ran the procedure from the WIKI on an AMD64 processor and have it also running on a pi 3b+ (armhf)
This is pretty basic stuff. You may have to wait for the obscure OS installs...