Noted Issues Zoneminder 1.34

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
RWBUMP

Noted Issues Zoneminder 1.34

Post by RWBUMP »

Following problems were noted following the upgrade, subsequent removal, reinstallation, 'zm' database deletion and reestablished twice:
- Back link does not work on some displays

-If Options - System - OPT_USE_AUTH is selected Montage views indicate "Camera Offline" and from Console Camera can be selected but no video appears; however video can still be recorded and viewed.

-added users don't seem to be updating in the database (this is a maybe, but I tested it twice)
shaymerrill

Re: Noted Issues Zoneminder 1.34

Post by shaymerrill »

Do you have more info on the users issue you were having. I upgraded to 1.34 and when I try to access my camera via the url like this:
https://xxxxxx/zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode= ... &pass=xxxx

it wouldn't work. I'd get a 403 and in the logs there were messages about not being able to authenticate. One of them said:
Authentication failed - migration of password not complete. Please log into web console for this user and retry this operation
That user was able to log in via the web console but the url still didn't work. As my admin user I changed the user password (to the same value) and it started working.

So that problem was solved...

But then my other user (the one I use for zmNinja) was having issues as well... I couldn't log in to the web console with it. The error with that one says:
Jan 29 11:29:36 d564127b5a24 web_php[802]: ERR [Unable to authenticate user from auth hash 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx']
(hash redacted).

So I tried the same thing with this user, even changing it's password and even deleting the user and recreating it. Nothing seemed to work to allow them into the web console... the weird thing is that my zmNinja still works with that user.... and his old password!

any thoughts?
RWBUMP

Post by RWBUMP »

Sounds like the same problem, so I currently have authentication off. I really haven't had time to take a hard look at the problem, I'm guilty for just throwing it out there. My initial impression was that the Maria database is not being updated, but that is probably just a symptom and not the problem.
gooorooo

Post by gooorooo »

Have the same issue with "migration of password not complete", integration with Home Assistant is currently broken.
pellle87

Post by pellle87 »

gooorooo wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:17 am Have the same issue with "migration of password not complete", integration with Home Assistant is currently broken.
An workaround is to disable auth, just make sure you dont expose zm on internet :)
and as shaymerrill said, login as admin and update passwords, it will work afterwards
Synthead

Post by Synthead »

I solved this issue by setting a new password as my current password.

Also, it's a really bad idea to disable auth on ZoneMinder. Any user that can connect to ZM will be able to access your cameras.