Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
redxiii

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by redxiii »

Tried the LEMP install too, the second section, not working either... isn't there a way to debug? The log files don't really tell anything useful. If i run the perl script it says the service is running:

Code: Select all

root@gemma:~# /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl status
06/20/2020 20:51:46.519291 zmpkg[29990].INF [main:310] [Sanity checking States table...]
06/20/2020 20:51:46.568928 zmpkg[29990].INF [main:95] [Command: status]
running
If i finish running the commands in the wiki, it seems i can access zm web interface fine and everything looks ok, it says Running in the upper right but constantly in the log file is:

Code: Select all

sanity checking states table
command start
and FAILED messages in the journal. If i click on the Running in the upper right and tell it to stop, it still says running, but the above 2 messages don't repeat anymore in the log file or the journal.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Just what wiki procedure are you using? Do not skip steps! The procedure over the years has been pruned down to what is necessary!
I recommend you start with a minimal Buster install and follow the wiki for Buster and zm 1.34.x
redxiii

Post by redxiii »

I was following this guide https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_10_B ... om_ZM_Repo but gave up, now I'm just using a clone from the old system now which should work better since the database and all events will be copied over. Now if i can just resolve the error there, it's 1.29 so i posted in that forum.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

redxiii wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 pm I was following this guide https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_10_B ... om_ZM_Repo but gave up, now I'm just using a clone from the old system now which should work better since the database and all events will be copied over. Now if i can just resolve the error there, it's 1.29 so i posted in that forum.
That is the guide that is up to date. However, if you followed the link to install LAMP and did all the steps they have you may have fouled things up. I've modified the procedure with the commands to install LAMP (Apache, Mariadb and PHP).