Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
dawidt
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:53 pm

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by dawidt » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:14 pm

dawidt wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:14 pm
bbunge wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:41 am
dawidt wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:10 pm
Thank You very much but it wasn't help. :/
Debian isn't clear i've got samba, apache2, transmission and many other stuf but zoneminder cannot work.
Do You have any other ideas?

I was never have problem with language of my Debian but everything is possible i think.

best regards
Dawid
For Zoneminder to work you need a LAMP or LEMP server.
LAMP needs Apache2, Mariadb or MySQL, and PHP
LEMP needs NGINX,Mariadb or MySQL and PHP

LAMP with Mariadb is recommended for beginners. There are several good web sites that provide instructions to set up a LAMP server.
Here is one: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/ ... -debian-10
i've got it all
root@debianAMD:/# apt install php libapache2-mod-php php-mysql mariadb-server apache2
Czytanie list pakietów... Gotowe
Budowanie drzewa zależności
Odczyt informacji o stanie... Gotowe
apache2 is already the newest version (2.4.38-3+deb10u3).
apache2 zaznaczony jako zainstalowany ręcznie.
mariadb-server is already the newest version (1:10.3.22-0+deb10u1).
libapache2-mod-php is already the newest version (2:7.3+69).
php is already the newest version (2:7.3+69).
php-mysql is already the newest version (2:7.3+69).
0 aktualizowanych, 0 nowo instalowanych, 0 usuwanych i 0 nieaktualizowanych.
root@debianAMD:/#
it there any way to look what is wrong?

bbunge
Posts: 2660
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:40 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by bbunge » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:11 pm

dawidt wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:14 pm
dawidt wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:14 pm
bbunge wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:41 am

For Zoneminder to work you need a LAMP or LEMP server.
LAMP needs Apache2, Mariadb or MySQL, and PHP
LEMP needs NGINX,Mariadb or MySQL and PHP

LAMP with Mariadb is recommended for beginners. There are several good web sites that provide instructions to set up a LAMP server.
Here is one: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/ ... -debian-10
i've got it all
root@debianAMD:/# apt install php libapache2-mod-php php-mysql mariadb-server apache2
Czytanie list pakietów... Gotowe
Budowanie drzewa zależności
Odczyt informacji o stanie... Gotowe
apache2 is already the newest version (2.4.38-3+deb10u3).
apache2 zaznaczony jako zainstalowany ręcznie.
mariadb-server is already the newest version (1:10.3.22-0+deb10u1).
libapache2-mod-php is already the newest version (2:7.3+69).
php is already the newest version (2:7.3+69).
php-mysql is already the newest version (2:7.3+69).
0 aktualizowanych, 0 nowo instalowanych, 0 usuwanych i 0 nieaktualizowanych.
root@debianAMD:/#
it there any way to look what is wrong?
Did you set the timezone in Zoneminder?
If you did an upgrade from Debian 9 you likely have two versions of PHP. Remove the older version.
May be easier to start over with a fresh Debian install.

User avatar
lazyleopard
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:12 pm
Location: Gloucestershire, UK

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by lazyleopard » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Thanks. This is exactly the (I hope, last) problem I had when upgrading from 1.32 to 1.34 today.

(Well, it was a bit more complicated than that, because my old Debian jessie system died, so I had to build a new one, but I was able to rescue the database and files from the old system's disks. The new system ended up with Debian buster, and that forced an upgrade on me. It's been interesting...)

Fixed!

(Well, systemd now knows zoneminder is running properly, anyway.)

Excellent!
Rick Hewett

skyking
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:07 am

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by skyking » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:26 am

Thanks everybody for all you do.
The only problem I had was with getting the pgp key. It kept failing, so I added the verbose -v option to this:
wget -vO - https://zmrepo.zoneminder.com/debian/ar ... eyring.gpg | sudo apt-key add -

After that it was smooth sailing.

skyking
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:07 am

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by skyking » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:19 am

I reinstalled the server from scratch due to a hard drive change. I did everything the same as before at the wki linked above, but I got an error at
systemctl start zoneminder

It exited with an error, but when I got apache configured and restarted, the zm console was working.
I added a camera and did the first configs in options. all seemed OK.
When I check the logs, zmpkg.pl is starting over and over, and the pid keeps going up. It does not exit or crash and the cam is viewable, it records events.
sanity checking states table
command start

Over and over.
any ideas?

bbunge
Posts: 2660
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:40 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by bbunge » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:01 pm

skyking wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:19 am
I reinstalled the server from scratch due to a hard drive change. I did everything the same as before at the wki linked above, but I got an error at
systemctl start zoneminder

It exited with an error, but when I got apache configured and restarted, the zm console was working.
I added a camera and did the first configs in options. all seemed OK.
When I check the logs, zmpkg.pl is starting over and over, and the pid keeps going up. It does not exit or crash and the cam is viewable, it records events.
sanity checking states table
command start

Over and over.
any ideas?
You need to have Apache2 installed and configured before you install Zoneminder. I have installed Zoneminder 1.34.x many times on Buster with LAMP and LEMP and have had no issues!

skyking
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:07 am

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by skyking » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:13 am

never did get it sorted out so I apt autoremoved everything and then went back after it. Thanks :)

mathias
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 am

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by mathias » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:39 am

Hi all!
I am running Debian Buster since two days and I really struggle with the installation of the latest zoneminder version. I have tried to follow all installation instruction but zoneminder can't be installed.
After trying "apt install zoneminder" the following message appears: (translated from german..)
"Package zoneminder is not available, but is from another package
referenced. This can mean that the package is missing, that it has been replaced
or is only available from another source.

E: There is no installation candidate for package zoneminder.


Sorry, I am not an Debian admin or expert, maybe someone can help me to solve this issue.
Thank You!
Mathias

skyking
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:07 am

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by skyking » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:52 pm

you followed the instructions linked in the first post? Did you get the pgp key to install with "Ok" ?
If not, you will not get the latest version from the zm repo.

skyking
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:07 am

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by skyking » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:55 pm

ZM_WEB_SOUND_ON_ALARM
to get that to work, do I need to create the sounds directory in /usr/share/zoneminder/www ?
running 1.34.5 on Debian Buster x86-64

mathias
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 am

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by mathias » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:04 pm

I followed exactly the instruction and the installation of the pgp key ended with an ok... So I am really confused why i am not able to install the zoneminder package... :cry:

bbunge
Posts: 2660
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:40 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by bbunge » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:56 pm

mathias wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:04 pm
I followed exactly the instruction and the installation of the pgp key ended with an ok... So I am really confused why i am not able to install the zoneminder package... :cry:
What hardware? Did you do apt update after installing the key?

mathias
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 am

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by mathias » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:14 am

I am running a Debian 10 server on an Intel Xeon CPU E3-1240L v5 plattform,16 GB RAM...
Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-8-686-pae auf i686

apt update was also successfully done.

OK:1 http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
OK:2 http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease
OK:3 https://packages.sury.org/php buster InRelease
OK:4 http://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease
Ign:5 https://zmrepo.zoneminder.com/debian/release-1.34 buster/ InRelease
Ign:6 http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge InRelease
OK:7 https://zmrepo.zoneminder.com/debian/release-1.34 buster/ Release
OK:9 http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge Release
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
Alle Pakete sind aktuell.

bbunge
Posts: 2660
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:40 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by bbunge » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:58 pm

mathias wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:14 am
I am running a Debian 10 server on an Intel Xeon CPU E3-1240L v5 plattform,16 GB RAM...
Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-8-686-pae auf i686

apt update was also successfully done.

OK:1 http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
OK:2 http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease
OK:3 https://packages.sury.org/php buster InRelease
OK:4 http://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease
Ign:5 https://zmrepo.zoneminder.com/debian/release-1.34 buster/ InRelease
Ign:6 http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge InRelease
OK:7 https://zmrepo.zoneminder.com/debian/release-1.34 buster/ Release
OK:9 http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge Release
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
Alle Pakete sind aktuell.
You are using a 32 bit version of Buster (Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-8-686-pae auf i686) and there is no i386 install for Zoneminder other than a version for armhf. You would be better off reinstalling Linux on your server with an amd64 version. You will be able to use more of the 16 GB RAM.

mathias
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 am

Re: Debian Buster install procedure for Zoneminder 1.34.x

Post by mathias » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:33 am

Oh, thank you. I was not aware about this! I will install the 64 Bit version.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests