Zoneminder 1.33 configuring cameras

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
ydderf

Zoneminder 1.33 configuring cameras

Post by ydderf »

Hi guys, hope you are fine! I am trying to configure my cameras the right way, I have 5 cameras Hikvision at my work, everything is working except for one thing, I am using Modect mode to record movement, but the cameras are not recording all the moves.

How can I set the cameras to record all the movements? An example of what I am getting from the cameras right now is the next one: Imaging a video recorded, in the video are two people talking, the video starts at 14:30, the conversation have a duration of 3 minutes, knowing this it ends at 14:33 but the camera did not record the final 25-30 seconds, it just recorded from 14:30 to 14:32.30 the 30 final seconds were not recorded.

Can someone help me to configure it the right way? :?:

Best regards to all of you!
lbm

Re: Zoneminder 1.33 configuring cameras

Post by lbm »

Motion detection is a b*** to get working properly.. Personally I gave up, and set it to mocord instead, which is an MUCH better option, in my opinion.
It will record, all the time, and still preserve the "detection" events.
ydderf

Post by ydderf »

If you are using Mocord, how do you do with your hard disk? It will get full too fast!
lbm

Post by lbm »

Define too fast, and whats too much of disk ?.
I have only 2 cameras at this time, and it takes roughly ~150GB in total, with data for 2 weeks. Thats 24/7 hours recording in 1920 x 1080 resolution, which is defiantly not bad at all.