ONVIF probe does not Detected Profiles of a camera

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
holmes

ONVIF probe does not Detected Profiles of a camera

Post by holmes »

Hi,

I have some interesting behaviour of ONVIF probe when i install ZM from ppa repo. For this instalation i complitely followed this instructions: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... der_1.33.x

For following, i completely disable `ufw`.

In console, when i go to `ADD (Monitor) > ONVIF` in monitor probe under `Detected Cameras` the cameras are listed, but after chose a camera, and put `Username`&`Password` for it, and click Next: in a window named `Stream Probe` under `Detected Profiles` none of available profiles are detected.

For me this does work (it detects both Primary and Secondary stream) only when i install from official Ubuntu repo, BUT when i tried both `disco` and `eoan` with both ZM 1.32 and 1.33: from `ppa` no joy, none of streams are detected.

I suppose ONVIF probe is not detecting my camera profiles correctly in ZM-1.33.16~20200107110414-eoan/disco for some reason :/
Any ideas what i messed up?
bbunge

Re: ONVIF probe does not Detected Profiles of a camera

Post by bbunge »

You may not have messed anything up. But what part of the instruction did you follow?
1. Keep in mind that 1.33.x is a development version and may have some things that do not work right.
2. I do not use ONVIF in Zoneminder but rely on configuring cameras manually after research and testing.
3. Ubuntu 19.10 may also be a problem. Even though I wrote the WIKI install instructions and Zoneminder does seem to work OK there still may be issues. 4. There is a debate between myself and another tester about doing a copy of some PHP config files. I say they are not needed he says they are.
5. You have a better chance of getting it to work if you use Mariadb-Server.
6. See #1
CountyLine

Post by CountyLine »

bbunge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:07 am
2. I do not use ONVIF in Zoneminder but rely on configuring cameras manually after research and testing.
+1. I do the same as bbunge.

I also assign each camera a fixed IP, which makes it easy to manage them, including blocking them from directly accessing the Internet for security reasons.
holmes

Post by holmes »

bbunge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:07 am You may not have messed anything up. But what part of the instruction did you follow?
1. Keep in mind that 1.33.x is a development version and may have some things that do not work right.
I am experiencing this behavior both from 1.33.16 and 1.32.3, when i install them from ppa repo.
bbunge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:07 am 2. I do not use ONVIF in Zoneminder but rely on configuring cameras manually after research and testing.
3. Ubuntu 19.10 may also be a problem. Even though I wrote the WIKI install instructions and Zoneminder does seem to work OK there still may be issues.
Thank you for the info. I did try Ubuntu 19.04, and i get the same issue if i install from ppa repo. Regardless if i install 1.33.16 of 1.32.3
bbunge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:07 am 4. There is a debate between myself and another tester about doing a copy of some PHP config files. I say they are not needed he says they are.
This leads me to a new question. If i hypothetically have all cameras and zones and filters and whatnots set up correctly and wotking fine (which i do not atm) is there a way to export them just to be imported in a new installation of ZM (e.g. the server hardware may stop working)?
bbunge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:07 am 5. You have a better chance of getting it to work if you use Mariadb-Server.
6. See #1
I do use MariaDB.
holmes

Post by holmes »

CountyLine wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:57 am
bbunge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:07 am 2. I do not use ONVIF in Zoneminder but rely on configuring cameras manually after research and testing.
+1. I do the same as bbunge.

I also assign each camera a fixed IP, which makes it easy to manage them, including blocking them from directly accessing the Internet for security reasons.
I did assign cameras fixed IP addresses. For accessing them from the Internet, for now they are on hardware isolated network such that they can not access the Internet by no wired or wireless means :) I may relax that, to be able to access ZM server from the Internet, but will keep cameras on their own subnet
bellad

Post by bellad »

in
/usr/share/perl5/ONVIF/Client.pm
remove # at $self ..

Code: Select all

# use this after set_credentials
sub create_services {
  my ($self) = @_;

#$self->get_service_urls();
holmes

Post by holmes »

bellad wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:07 pm in
/usr/share/perl5/ONVIF/Client.pm
remove # at $self ..

Code: Select all

# use this after set_credentials
sub create_services {
  my ($self) = @_;

#$self->get_service_urls();
Yeah! Indeed, when installed from official Ubuntu repo this line is not commented. Thanx
holmes

Post by holmes »

Now i have here still only one (a bit of-topic, and for now hypothetical) question.

Once i have all them cams, zones and whatnots set up as they should be e.g. for my house, is there a elegant way to export that settings and import them to a new installation of ZM (for reason of changing ZM server hardware or so)?
bellad

Post by bellad »

do copy database zm
holmes

Post by holmes »

Thanx mate!
drinking12many

Post by drinking12many »

I had the same issue on 1.34 on a docker container holmes fix above fixed it as well
amfarmr

Post by amfarmr »

Thank you - works great on debian!