MariaDB access denied

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
zombielinux

MariaDB access denied

Post by zombielinux »

I've recently updated to 1.33.16 on archlinux. I've got a multiserver setup that has had some issues on 1.32.4.

I've got a db server running just fine on another arch box, but none of my zoneminder boxes can connect.

On the DB server, I get.

Code: Select all

2019-12-26 17:23:06 19250 [Warning] Access denied for user 'zmuser'@'fqdn.domain.org' (using password: YES)
On the ZM server, I get

Code: Select all

Dec 26 17:24:33 zoneminder undef[4663]: ERR [undef] [Can't connect to server: Access denied for user 'zmuser'@'fqdn.domain.org' (using password: YES)]
Dec 26 17:24:33 zoneminder undef[4663]: ERR [undef] [Can't run query: MySQL server has gone away]
Heres the rub, I'm able to log in to the db server from the zm server with 'mysql -uzmuser -pzmpass -hfqdn.domain.org zm'

Those values for username/password/db name are the same in /etc/zoneminder/zm.conf AND a separate file named /etc/zoneminder/conf.d/03-dbconf.conf

What am I missing? The username/password is correct without a doubt, the clocks are synced with ntp. Any ideas?
bbunge

Re: MariaDB access denied

Post by bbunge »

Likely a permissions problem. See https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Common_Issu ... _on_Ubuntu
While this is UBUNTU you may get some clues.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Not much has changed in regards to connecting to db since 1.32

I assume the fqdn.domain.org in the access denied message is the hostname of the zm server and not the db server, correct?
I wonder if it could be SSL connection related?
Or maybe reverse dns problem...
zombielinux

Post by zombielinux »

Correct. fqdn.domain.org is the zoneminder server.

I havn't changed any ssl settings on my db server since 1.32.

I'm not sure its a reverse dns problem. both hosts are able to ping each other by hostname.