do_debian_package.sh - local repo build?

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
ris2t

do_debian_package.sh - local repo build?

Post by ris2t »

Hi

Trying to build a copy of zoneminder for Ubuntu 19.10. Its hitting a few packaging issues which need me to update the build process and likely others parts.

Following https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/la ... an_package I'm not having much joy with do_debian_package.sh using a local repo (git clone). It keeps wanting to pull its own copy each and every time and I can't find any old school make/install type instructions.

Any trick to getting do_debian_package.sh to use a local repo to repeatable build a package? Not a git fork please, I want to work local first.

BTW: Issue I'm hitting is

Code: Select all

dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for /usr/local/lib/libmp4v2.so.2 (used by debian/zoneminder/usr/bin/zmc)
Hint: check if the library actually comes from a package.
But thats likely the first of a few tweaks I'm expecting.

Thanks
Raymond
ris2t

Re: do_debian_package.sh - local repo build?

Post by ris2t »

Managed to achieve a deb package build.

Using the following workaround steps. Not recommended but let me achieve the goal until I can figure a proper way, or just fork.

Build server: Ubuntu 19.10

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/iconnor/zoneminder-master/ubuntu disco main
sudo apt-get install libmp4v2-dev
I used the disco ppa so I could get libmp4v2-dev package. Didn't seem to have any dependencies that caused any issue, although the debian build package didn't like it.

./do_debian_package.sh --snapshot=NOW --branch=master --type=local
This go me a git clone and a partial build up to the dpkg-shlibdeps failure. From there I did manual steps.

File: zoneminder_1.33.14~20191030181919.orig/debian/rules
Added the following to get past the libmp4.so.2 errors.

override_dh_shlibdeps:
       dh_shlibdeps --dpkg-shlibdeps-params=--ignore-missing-info

#%:
#       dh $@ --parallel --buildsystem=autoconf --with autoreconf
Within the zoneminder cloned directory I did the following manual commands (extracted from do_debian_package.sh)

sudo apt-get install devscripts equivs
sudo mk-build-deps -ir ./debian/control
debuild -i -us -uc -b"
sudo dpkg -i zoneminder_1.33.14~20191030181919-eoan_amd64.deb
End result was a deb package file I could then install. And for the most part worked with MySQL 8 and out of the box.

AGAIN: I know not the proper way but cobbled steps that might help others if they're struggling. A proper fork I think will give a cleaner build process, although I still need to find a build for libmp4v.
bbunge

Re: do_debian_package.sh - local repo build?

Post by bbunge »

You may want to look at this:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... 4_support)
I do not have the time to work with 19.10 for a week or so but that procedure may work for 19.10 with the included 1.32.x version in Ubuntu.