"Disable Alarms" with Modect does nothing

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
Simpler

"Disable Alarms" with Modect does nothing

Post by Simpler »

Hi guys,

I'm running ZoneMinder 1.33.14.

When I have a camera set to "Modect" mode and open the monitor and press the "Disable Alarms" in the bottom left of the window, it does nothing.

When in "Monitor" mode, this button toggles between "Disable Alarms" and "Enable Alarms", but alarms are irrelevant in Monitor mode.

There are no messages in the log file. I even set the LOG_LEVEL_WEBLOG to Debug, but still no message.

Is this just a bug in this build?
rockedge

Re: "Disable Alarms" with Modect does nothing

Post by rockedge »

you know I don't know either what the disable alarm selection does for sure or exactly what it is supposed to do. I thought it was for a quick way to suspend any motion detection by suppressing the "Alarm" status
Simpler

Post by Simpler »

Yea, I don't want to stop the motion detection, I just want to stop getting the email notifications (temporarily).

I still want all of the motion detection to occur and get recorded so that I can review it later.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

you know what you need is a script that a ZM filter will run that will only allow 1 email per event..and can be modified to increase or decrease the time period.
some where on this forum there is a copy of that exact script that was written to solve a similar situation. I may find it.

and here it is... viewtopic.php?p=103057#p103057

look it over make the changes so it fits your system. The code may or may not work any more but hopefully the idea might help you