Zoneminder white screen of death !!!

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
Serverman2020

Zoneminder white screen of death !!!

Post by Serverman2020 »

Hello all,

I’m fairly new to zoneminder and intermediate with Linux. I’ve just installed a brand new Ubuntu 18.01 server with zoneminder and I am having a very strange problem.

Originally zoneminder was working completely and I could access it via the web browser. It worked perfectly for 2 months.

Very recently when I have tried to login I am met with the WSOD. I did not change anything system (updates etc) related and use this sever for zoneminder only.

The strange part is I can still view my cameras via the zoneminder app on iOS. The cameras are still recording and I can view the videos.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Would be much appreciated.

I would like to avoid a fresh install since I’ve got all my filters and preferences sorted. Thanks
rockedge

Re: Zoneminder white screen of death !!!

Post by rockedge »

make sure /etc/zm has the correct permissions and ownership for the apache user. can you look in your php error log?
Serverman2020

Post by Serverman2020 »

Thanks for your quick response. Upon further inspection I found that the system time was not correct. Here in the UK we entered British Summer Time, where all the clocks go forward by one hour. For some reason, my Ubuntu Install did not sync up correctly to the NTP!

Once I updated this, all systems were go!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why PHP/ Zoneminder fail if the system time is incorrect?
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

It is supposed to complain, not give a whitescreen of death. I will have to do some testing.

Likely there was an error message logged in your apache logs.