Recommend an IP camera

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
tman247

Recommend an IP camera

Post by tman247 »

I'm in the process of setting up ZM1.32 on a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB) as a remote monitoring system only - no recording, image conversion or anything like that. Quality will be LOW @ 320x240 with no more than 5fps. Each stream should be less than 50KB/s. There could me more than a dozen camera's setup like this.

The camera's I'm trying to work with are TENVIS JPT3815W, which ZM doesn't have native support for, but I can get to work as a REMOTE source with a FUNCTION of monitor. These work for capturing an image stream, but I want to have motion control too. I did find someone had created a control file for these camera's, but I can't get it to work yet (I am trying though).

If these camera's don't work as needed, I'm considering replacing them with something that is natively supported in ZM, ie has built in control support. If we did replace these cameras, I'd need to select something that's guaranteed to work - with tilt/pan/zoom control. Can anyone recommend a camera that would meet these requirements? The one limitation is that it would have to have an ethernet port - wifi isn't an option where these camera's are. These will be local only camera's - no cloud streaming required. Price is also a factor, but as image quality isn't critical, 720P only would be fine.

Thanks