API Error To access remotely on zmNinja

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
Hurtsy

API Error To access remotely on zmNinja

Post by Hurtsy »

Hi Guys,
i am new to Zoneminder and from what i have seen so far i am really liking it, i do however have an issue with API's as i am trying to access this remotely though the ZMNinja app on my Galaxy 8+. i have ZM 1.32.3 running on my Free NAS server(FreeNAS-11.2-U7).

my problem is i have OPT_USE_AUTH enabled and can correctly sign in to the App but it states API not configured correctly. i run http://server/zm/api/host/getVersion.json in the same browser as my ZM signed in as Admin with all permissions granted but i am met with the attached error, this is where i am stuck. i do not understand any of the errors nor where to go and what to do to fix them.

apologizes if i have missed any important information out i am only just starting out with this so learning as i go.

Thanks
Attachments
ZM API Error.txt
(10.06 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
snake

Re: API Error To access remotely on zmNinja

Post by snake »

For new users, its easiest to use the wiki installation docs, or the official docs (former preferred). See wiki.zoneminder.com/Helpful_user_contributed_resources

Debian / Ubuntu is the easiest. Since you've chosen FreeNAS, that is a tougher road for setup. The debug logs on ZMNinja, will give more details about why it (zmninja) isn't working. However, you appear to have an issue with CakePHP (which is the API), so I would start there. It mentions something about permissions. Do the API folders have all permissions for www-data / apache user or equivalent?
annamay

Re: API Error To access remotely on zmNinja

Post by annamay »

That is very helpful! thank you
run 3 free