Event directories dissapear

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
Taurus61

Event directories dissapear

Post by Taurus61 »

Good morning,
I have a very weird problem. The event directories in /var/lib/zoneminder/events dissapear so i cannot retrieve video's while it looks like they are still exists in the database. I cannot find out who or what is responsible for it. Weird because filters are "off" and zmaudit disabled.
Stopping ZM and starting again will bring the directories back. Then a coupple of hours later they are gone again and in case of a move detection created again.
The space in which the events resists is about 900 GB. and that space is for 3 cams. There are 7 cams in ZM and three of them is on MODECT.
ZM is running on CENTOS 7. and is running for a year now without any problems. Hope someone can give me a hint for this weird behavior
Thanks, Paul
Taurus61

Re: Event directories dissapear

Post by Taurus61 »

Really no one?
In the meantime i have tried everything. Even when debugging is on there is no track of something deleting the events directory.
Cannot imagine that i am the only one dealing with this issue
mikb

Post by mikb »

As part of the "everything" you tried, did you follow the advice to upgrade, as this is a known issue in the version you are using?

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27761#p113260
Taurus61

Post by Taurus61 »

Eventually i did but I am not a great fan to upgrade. Specially if my running version is not so old as 1.32.3 and always ran without any problems. Besides that there are other reasons. First i get curious what caused a big issue like this. Come on a directory with the whole events history is from one moment to another totally gone without leaving any track. And another reason is because i am not so good in Linux and always run in troubles when doing things like upgrade or installing.
But the upgrade runs fine in a couple of minutes. Everyting seems to work again and hopefully it stays that way.
Thanks