[SOLVED] Monitor two cameras in same time

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
tzana

[SOLVED] Monitor two cameras in same time

Post by tzana »

Hi all,

I installed ZoneMinder on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS with Nginx.
My cameras are configured. I would like to look 2 cameras in same time.
I tried with montage mode, but infortunately only one is available.
I tried to open each camera in two tabs, but only one again.

While my two tests, I look the logs and an error appear :
Socket /var/run/zm/zms-521174s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information.
So I look on the forum, I saw this answer : viewtopic.php?t=28123
But after those changes, nothing works anymore.

I dont understand exactly what happen

Thx you for your help

EDIT :

For the ZM installation I used this tutorial : https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way
Part : Ubuntu 18.04 LEMP (NGNIX, Mariadb, PHP)
Last edited by tzana on Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tzana

Re: Monitor two cameras in same time

Post by tzana »

Anybody please ?
CountyLine

Post by CountyLine »

I don't know why you are having that particular problem, but the 1.32 versions seem to have a lot of serious issues in general. I could never get my 1.32 installation to work properly, so I moved to 1.33 which works fine for me.

1.34 is out now. The ZM gurus are currently recommending everyone move to 1.34. I suggest you give it a try. Check out bbunge's installation guide for 1.34 on Ubuntu.
tzana

Post by tzana »

CountyLine wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:26 pm I don't know why you are having that particular problem, but the 1.32 versions seem to have a lot of serious issues in general. I could never get my 1.32 installation to work properly, so I moved to 1.33 which works fine for me.

1.34 is out now. The ZM gurus are currently recommending everyone move to 1.34. I suggest you give it a try. Check out bbunge's installation guide for 1.34 on Ubuntu.
Thank you for you reply. Ok I will test :)
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

I have tested and revised the install for Ubuntu 18.04 with LEMP.

See: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... .2C_PHP.29

Have two cams being viewed under Montage. Make sure you edit or create fcgiwrap and insert (with the number of children -c equal to the number of cameras) DAEMON_OPTS=-c 10 then restart the fcgiwrap service. systemctl restart fcgiwrap
tzana

Post by tzana »

Hi
Thank you all for your reply.

@CountyLine : It was not a version issue but thanks to you I'm in 1.34 :mrgreen:

@bbunge : You right, in my first install I forgot to do this part, I see it during my second installation for 1.34 so my issue is solved :)