Receive udp stream

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
fulvioth

Receive udp stream

Post by fulvioth »

hi guys,
i have a device which streams video over udp. The doc says:

Receive Video Stream
Set up a UDP server on PC, Mac or Mobile device and listen the message from IP 0.0.0.0 via UDP PORT 11111

that's all. i honestly don't get it so i'm asking if there's a way to setup such a monitor in zm 1.32.3
thanks
bbunge

Re: Receive udp stream

Post by bbunge »

Need more info like the make and model of the device (camera?) that streams UDP. RTSP can stream over UDP. HTTP can stream over UDP.
fulvioth

Re: Receive udp stream

Post by fulvioth »

It's a drone, DJI Tello. A really cool device
unfortunately i have no much info about that. i found that a group of clever guys made a lot of reverse engineering discovering among other things that the video is plain h264 encoded YUV420p stream.
i don't know if i can post the link to the forum, if it's ok i will (but it's a long thread).
The problem seems that the udp packets must be stripped out of some header bytes before they can be sourced to ffmpeg. But shouldnt ffmpeg be able to manage this already?
What i'd like to do is to make zm send a fly command to this drone and i have a python script that can be used to remotely control the drone. I'd like to make some experiments and see where this could lead but i need the video stream for this

EDIT:
So it seems DJI released a sdk (from which i took the info in the first post) that is really a subset of all drone's features. These guys made a small library to talk to the drone bypassing the sdk thus making things more interesting. Among all others there's a listening socket for video packets sent by the drone. Packets are stripped of headers bytes and written to a local file "video.h264" (should be plain h264 encoded YUV420p stream).
I can see this file getting updated while i'm connected to the drone by i don't know how to give this file to zm.
i tried local, file, ffmpeg as different sources but truly i'm not an expert. Any clue?