Events deleting and other things I screwed up

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
ICXC_Nika

Events deleting and other things I screwed up

Post by ICXC_Nika »

I have had a somewhat stable install of 1.33.6 for over a year but I had too many cameras for the server. I have loaded a new server; 1.32.3 on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS and I have several problems but I don't know the proper info to give in order to ask for assistance. I tried several times to install current versions of Ubuntu and ZoneMinder but fell back to this combo as the most complete instructions I could find.

Events are deleting periodically, I thought it might be because the partition size, so in options | Storage I changed the path of default to /home/cctv but all events still disappear occasionally.

I have to set one of the cameras to H254 Camera Passthrough in order to view recorded events. This doesn't work with other two cameras. When I try to view these in IE I get a ClassNotFoundException, com.charliemouse,cambozolo,viewer. They work fine in Chrome.

I would appreciate it if someone could guide me with my limited information and NIX skills.
Thank you,
Todd

ZM 1.33.6
Ubuntu 18.10
iconner package
bbunge

Re: Events deleting and other things I screwed up

Post by bbunge »

Right now Ubuntu 18.04 or Debian 10 are your best bets. There are issues with Ubuntu 19.10 which I have not been able to overcome...yet.

Mariadb is my choice for database in Ubuntu or Debian

Format your drive(s) with a single partition. You will have fewer issues. A Ubuntu setup I have that seems to work very well is a PC with two drives. I install Ubuntu 18.04 from the net install, set the smaller of the drives to be "/" and the other to be "/zmstore" ( I set this up at install with manual disk setup and have the setup format and mount the larger drive at /zmstore). Install Zoneminder per the WIKI for Ubuntu 18.04 and in Options add storage at "/zmstore". Leave the "default" storage as you can use this for some of your cameras.

You may want to install the development version of Zoneminder from the zoneminder-master PPA or wait a week for ZM 1.34.0

Good luck!
ICXC_Nika

Post by ICXC_Nika »

Thank you for the info bbunge,

I will have to reinstall as you suggested. In the interim, to fix my immediate problem of the events disappearing, I changed the default storage back to the original path and added new storage to the larger partition. this seemed to correct it.
Thank you,
Todd

ZM 1.33.6
Ubuntu 18.10
iconner package
pgrunwald

Post by pgrunwald »

Is there a place where we can check status of ZM 1.34.0?

Do you believe that I will be able to do an upgrade from Stretch to Buster and then ZM 1.32.3 -> 1.34.0?

Thanks,
Paul
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

You can use zmrepo.zoneminder.com to get packages for 1.33.16 and 1.34.0 (when released, which will be 1.33.16 with a new version #).

I am in the process of writing the release notes, so 1.34.0 will be soon.